|September 19, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
TRIPLETT - 1
PHILLIPS - 1
PHILLIPS - 1
|September 20, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
PHILLIPS - 8
PHILLIPS - 1
|September 21, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||Final|
Nemeth - 20
Petrenko - 3
MYRICK - 2
ELMORE - 2
NASHVILLE – Lipscomb volleyball hits the road for its final nonconference tournament of the season as they travel to Iowa City, Iowa this weekend for the Cy-Hawk Series Tournament.
The Bisons open up the event Thursday at 7 p.m. against Iowa State, before matching up with Iowa on Friday at 11 a.m. and then wrapping things up with Coastal Carolina at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Live stats for each contest can be found HERE.
Thursday’s match will be streamed on Iowa State’s volleyball Facebook page, while Friday’s match with Iowa will be streamed via Hawkeye All-Access, where a subscription is required.
BISONS VS. THE FIELD
- It will be Lipscomb’s first-ever meetings with Iowa State and Coastal Carolina.
- The Bisons and Hawkeyes have met just once previously, in last season’s LUV Invite where Lipscomb got the win, 3-2.
SCOUTING IOWA STATE
- Iowa State went 3-0 and won the Appalachian Invitational title last weekend. The Cyclones defeated Western Carolina and North Carolina State in four sets and swept hosts Appalachian State.
- The Cyclone effort was led by tournament co-MVPs Josie Herbst and Eleanor Holthaus.
- Herbst led the Cyclone attack with 35 kills at .411 hitting, while Holthaus had 38 kills at .292 hitting and added in 12 total blocks.
- The Cyclone middles were also prolific, with Candelaria Herrera getting 2.64 kills per set at .389 hitting, and Avery Rhodes recording 2.36 kills per set at .417 hitting and 14 blocks on defense.
- The Hawkeyes took 2-of-3 matches at the South Dakota tournament last weekend. They defeated Wyoming and UC Davis, 3-1, on Friday before falling to South Dakota in five sets, 3-2.
- Juniors Brie Orr and Griere Hughes were named to the all-tournament team.
- Orr tallied 140 assists in three matches and Hughes added 48 total kills, including a career-high 24 against South Dakota.
- Senior Meghan Buzzerio and sophomore Courtney Buzzerio have provided Iowa a potent spark on offense. The sisters have combined for 45% (188-501) of Iowa's kills and 49% (20-41) of Iowa's service aces.
SCOUTING COASTAL CAROLINA
- The Chanticleers (9-0) are off to the best start in program history after winning the Towson Invitational last weekend.
- Ani Bozdeva and Anett Nemeth were named to the All-Tournament team, as Bozdeva earned MVP honors after averaing 4.18 kills per set, 1.73 digs per set and a .277 hitting clip over three matches.
- Freshman setter Brigitta Petrenko was named the Sun Belt’s Setter of the Week and Freshman of the week after a record-setting weekend. She averaged 12.5 assists per set, 1.6 digs and totaled seven aces.
- Petrenko began the week with 52 assists and 10 digs for her fourth double-double of the year. She then set the program’s single-match record with 68 assists versus Towson and then a 43-assist match to wrap the weekend.
- The Bisons are coming off a 2-1 week where they got wins over Belmont and Xavier.
- Freshman Lauren Myrick had a monster week with 40 kills, 22 digs, three aces and a pair of blocks to earn LUV Invite All-Tournament team honors.
- Maddie Phillips joined Myrick on the All-Tourney team with 25 kills, eight blocks and six digs.
- Lanie Wagner leads the team on the year with 86 kills, and a 2.87 kills per set average. Garrett Joiner is just behind with 73.
- Morgan Elmore has recorded 294 of the team’s 337 assists on the season.
- The Cyclones have never played a member of the ASUN Conference.
Lipscomb will get ASUN player under way next weekend with a trip to Florida. The Bisons will face Stetson on Friday at 5 p.m. and then FGCU on Sunday at 1.