|October 13, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
Merritt - 7
Busler - 3
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb volleyball team plays its second-straight ASUN road match, when the Bisons travel to Newark, New Jersey to take on NJIT.
The Bisons and Highlanders are set to serve it up at 2 p.m. (CT) Sunday inside the NJIT Wellness and Events Center.
- Lipscomb leads the all-time series with NJIT 8-0.
- Seven of the eight meetings have been sweeps.
- The Bisons are 4-0 in Newark after winning 3-1 last season in the Wellness and Events Center.
- The Highlanders enter the weekend 1-19 on the year after having lost their last 13 matches. The only win was a 5-set victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on September 7th.
- They are 0-5 in ASUN play after being swept by Liberty on Friday in Lynchburg.
- NJIT is averaging 12.01 kills, 8.92 assists, 11.78 digs and 1.50 blocks per set.
- Courtney Branch stands fifth in the conference with 58 total blocks, while Olivia Welsch ranks seventh with 236 digs.
- The Highlanders are last in the league hitting just .130, while their 690 kills rank seventh.
- The Bisons are coming off of back-to-back sweeps, one of which was against an unbeaten Liberty squad; posted its highest hitting percentage as a team against North Alabama with a .310 clip.
- Lipscomb ranks third in ASUN games in assists/set (12.94) and fourth in kills/set (13.61)
- Morgan Elmore was named ASUN Player of the Week after averaging 11.29 assists, 1.43 digs, 0.86 blocks and 0.57 kills per set last week against two of the top ASUN squads; Elmore also reached 3,000 career assists in the win over the Flames.
- Garrett Joiner and Megan Kuper combined for 64 kills in the Bisons last three matches; Joiner leads the team in kills per set averaging 3.22 in conference matches.
- As a team, Lipscomb ranks first in conference play in three categories: kills (245), assists (233) and total attacks (670) while ranking second in digs (272).
- The Bisons are 3-4 on the road this season with wins at Belmont, Stetson and North Alabama.
The Bisons get to return home for four straight matches, beginning next weekend with Jacksonville on Friday (6:30 pm) and North Florida on Sunday (2 pm).