|October 18, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
|October 20, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
PHILLIPS - 3
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb volleyball team returns home this weekend to host a pair of crucial ASUN Conference matches inside Allen Arena.
The Bisons face Jacksonville on Friday at 6:30 p.m. before welcoming North Florida on Sunday at 2 p.m. Both matches will be streamed live with live stats available.
The Bisons (8-9, 4-2 ASUN) are coming off a third-straight sweep in conference play with a 3-0 decision at NJIT last Sunday.
- The Bisons lead in the all-time series with Jacksonville, 21-9.
- Lipscomb swept Jacksonville at Allen Arena last season after holding the Dolphins to a .041 hitting clip.
- The Bisons have been dominant when matched up against the Ospreys, as they own a 22-3 all-time record versus North Florida, including a 10-1 mark in Nashville.
- Lipscomb was victorious over UNF in all three of its matches during the regular season in 2018. All matches ended with scores of 3-1.
- The Dolphins enter the match 7-13 overall and 3-3 in conference play after falling to FGCU and UNF last weekend. They are 3-3 on the road this season.
- JU ranks second in the ASUN in assists (917), digs (1081) and points (1240), while coming in third in blocks (157).
- Mallory Mattingly leads the team and ranks second in the conference with 281 kills, while her 3.56 kills per set and 0.37 aces per set stand third in the ASUN.
- Natalie Wehner is second in the ASUN in digs (356) and third in digs per set (4.56).
- The Dolphins do boast the top hitter in the league in Sydney Bolding with a .425 hitting percentage, leading to 161 kills.
SCOUTING NORTH FLORIDA
- The Ospreys bring into the weekend a 9-12 overall record and a 2-4 mark in ASUN play. They stand sixth in the league table.
- UNF fended off visiting FAMU behind a double-double from Solimar Cestero on Tuesday.
- Freshman Rocio Moro picked up her third ASUN weekly award on Monday after being tabbed Defensive Player of the Week. She put together back-to-back outings of 29 digs, giving her eight matches of 20-plus digs this season. She leads the conference with 384 digs.
- Gabby O’Connell leads the team and ranks fifth in the ASUN with 228 kills and a 3.51 kills per set average.
- Julianna Askew is among the top-5 in the conference with 10.18 assists per set and 0.46 aces per set.
- The Bisons are coming off of their third-straight ASUN sweep, one of which was against an unbeaten Liberty squad; posted its highest hitting percentage as a team against North Alabama with a .310 clip.
- Lipscomb lead the ASUN in league games in assists/set (13.38) and second in kills/set (13.95)
- Morgan Elmore was named ASUN Player of the Week after averaging 11.29 assists, 1.43 digs, 0.86 blocks and 0.57 kills per set last week against two of the top ASUN squads; Elmore also reached 3,000 career assists in the win over the Flames.
- Senior setter Morgan Elmore ranks third in the conference averaging 10.21 assists per set, however, she leads the ASUN in league matches with an 11.76 clip.
- Junior middle Sami Rubal has been a key cog in the Lipscomb offense during the three-match win streak. She has totaled 24 kills and is hitting .564 over the stretch with six blocks.
- Garrett Joiner leads the Bisons with 171 kills this season. Four of her eight double-digit kill outings have come in league action where she’s averaging 3.33 kills per set.
The Bisons continue their 4-match homestand on Tuesday when they host North Alabama at 6:30 p.m.