|November 08, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
Greenfield - 1
MAHER - 2
|November 10, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
NASHVILLE - Lipscomb volleyball returns to Allen Area for a pair of crucial ASUN conference matches this weekend in its final home games of the regular season.
The Bisons will first take on NJIT at 6:30 p.m. on Friday and then will go up against first-place FGCU at 2 p.m. Sunday.
The Purple and Gold will honor three seniors in Morgan Elmore, Megan Sullivan and Maddie Phillips with prematch festivities on Friday.
Both matches will be streamed on ESPN+ with live stats available as well.
- The Bisons are 9-0 all-time against the Highlanders
- Lipscomb defeated NJIT in straight sets earlier this season in Newark
- The Purple and Gold lead the all-time series agaisnt the Eagles 16-10, but have struggled recently dropping five straight matches
- FGCU came away with a straight-set victory over the Bisons in the first meeting this season back in September
- The Highlanders come into the weekend with a 1-27 overall record and are 0-12 in ASUN play
- NJIT has lost 21 straight matches
- Their lone victory on the season was a 5-setter against Fairleigh Dickinson on Sept. 7
- Madi Busler leads the Highlanders in points (218.5) and kills (191)
- The Highlanders rank last in conference play in kills (362) and hitting percentage (.126)
- The Eagles post a 24-3 overall record and are 12-1 in conference action
- FGCU's only loss in conference was in its first match of the year, losing at Liberty in straight sets
- FGCU has won 14 in-a-row since falling to the Flames
- Cortney VanLiew has recorded more than 1,000 kills in her career, ranks second in the conference with 355 kills this season but leads the league in kills per set at 4.13
- Daniele Serrano is FGCU's all-time leader in solo blocks and has recorded 13 this season, which is third in the ASUN
- Lipscomb boasts a 12-11 overall record and is fourth in the ASUN with an 8-4 record
- The Bisons split their two matches last week falling on the road at Liberty, 3-1 and defeating Kennesaw State, 3-0
- Lipscomb's victory over KSU was the first time in seven matches that the Bisons beat the Owls
- The Purple and Gold have winning record at Allen Arena, going 5-3 this season
- Senior setter Morgan Elmore has been playing well since starting ASUN action. Her 11.74 assists per set is the second-best mark in the league, while her 493 total assists are third most
- Megan Kuper has recorded double-digit kills in five-straight matches. The junior tallied 14 in her last time out at KSU, which was her third-highest total of the season
- Garrett Joiner and Maddie Phillips bring the firepower to the Lipscomb offense as they lead the squad in kills. Joiner has tallied 205, while Phillips is at 203, respectively