Dec. 15, 2007
Lipscomb Lady Bisons (2-7) vs. Murray State Lady Racers (6-2)
Dec. 15, 2007, 7 p.m.,p> The game: The Lady Bisons have not played a game since beating Arkansas-Pine Bluff 48-42 in the consolation game of the Commerce Bank/Wildcat Classic at Kansas State.
The Lady Bisons are 1-1 at Allen Arena this season with a 123-22 win over Fisk and 54-42 loss to Bowling Green State.
Murray State comes into the game on a four-game winning streak. This is the first of three road games in a row. The Racers have won both of their Ohio Valley Conference games so far this season. The only losses are to Missouri and the University of Tennessee.
Last season the Lady Bisons lost 81-53 at Murray State.
On the air: The Lady Bisons game will be heard on WAMB-AM (1200) with Craig Hartline handling the play-by-play. Hartline is also an author. His first book "Death by Diamonds" is available at most bookstores.
The starters: The expected starting lineup is Catie Woods (6.9 ppg, 1.1 apg) and Miaca Bowman (1.9 ppg, 2.1 apg) at the guard spots, Jilian Partin (6.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg) and Kaleigh Gossman (4.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg) at the forward positions and Katie Rollins at center (9.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg).
Bowman, Woods and Partin have started all nine games this season.
One is the loneliest number: In each of their last three games the Lady Bisons have had only one player average in double figures. Catie Woods has led with 10 against Kentucky (11/25), Katie Rollins with 10 at Kansas State (11/30) and 15 by Rollins against Arkansas-Pine Bluff (12/1).
The leaders: Seven different players have led the Lady Bisons in scoring:
• Jilian Partin scored 14 at Tennessee-Martin.
• Valerie Bronson finished with a team season-high 20 points against Fisk.
• Cree Nix scored 13 against Bowling Green State.
• Jenna Bartsokas hit five-of-five 3-point shots for 15 points at Arkansas.
• Rachel Davis scored 10 points in nine minutes at Hawaii.
• Catie Woods scored 10 points against Kentucky in Hawaii.
• Katie Rollins scored 13 points against UAB. In Hawaii.
On the boards seven different players have led or tied for the lead::
• Nix has tied for the lead twice with four at Tennessee-Martin and seven against Bowling Green State. She led with five at Arkansas.
• Partin also had seven rebounds against Bowling Green State.
• Miriam McAlister finished with four rebounds against Tennessee-Martin and five against Kentucky.
• Bronson grabbed a team season-high 15 against Fisk. She tied for the lead with Rachel Viehmann with three at Kansas State.
• Kaleigh Gossman finished with six rebounds at Hawaii.
• Katie Rollins also had six rebounds against UAB and nine against Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Doubling up: Freshman guard Jenna Bartsokas has scored in double figures in two games with 15 at Arkansas and 10 against Fisk.
Junior forward Jilian Partin has double figures in pair of games with 14 at Tennessee-Martin and 10 against Fisk.
Freshman forward Cree Nix scored 14 against Fisk and 13 against Bowling Green State.
Junior center Katie Rollins has scored 14 points against Fisk and 13 points against UAB, 10 points at Kansas State and 15 at Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Bronson is the only player with double-double this season with 20 points and 15 rebounds against Fisk.
Senior forward Kaleigh Gossman had 12 points against UAB.
Career highs: Junior Katie Rollins has set a new career high in points with 15 and in rebounds with nine both against Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Freshman Valerie Bronson scored a career-high 20 points and grabbed a career-high 15 rebounds against Fisk. Both are also team season highs.
Bronson is the only Lady Bisons player to reach the 20-point mark this season. She is also the only Lady Bisons player to record a double-double this season.
Next up: The Lady Bisons travel to Tennessee State Thursday night and then close out the pre-Christmas schedule at Vanderbilt Dec. 22.