|November 29, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||MOR|
|FG Percentage||.397 (23-58)||.373 (22-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.241 (7-29)||.267 (4-15)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (8-10)||.846 (11-13)|
JONES - 1
STEELE - 1
McKEE - 1
MOREHEAD, Ky. – With the Thanksgiving holiday coming to an end, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team will concentrate its efforts on bringing home a win against Morehead State Saturday afternoon inside Johnson Arena.
The Lady Bisons (1-4) are on a four-game losing streak after falling to Murray State Tuesday night 74-71. Despite the final result, the Purple and Gold showed signs of improvement against the Racers including cutting the number of turnovers to only 14 after committing 22 against Wright State and 28 to Tennessee State. Forward Ashley Southern picked up her first double-double of the season collecting 21 points and adding 12 rebounds.
The Eagles (3-2) defeated Brescia Monday night 98-68 with three players notching double-doubles. Morehead State also nabbed victories over Norfolk State (83-66) and George Mason (79-70) while suffering losses to No. 13 Kentucky (91-62) and Indiana (98-57).
The game will be broadcast on the OVC Digital Network. Live audio as well as Live Stats will also be available.
- The two teams have only met twice in the NCAA era with Morehead leading the overall series 2-0.
- Saturday’s game with Morehead State is the third of four-straight games in which the Lady Bisons play an OVC team. Lipscomb fell to Tennessee State last Saturday (73-55) before losing to Murray State Tuesday night. The Purple and Gold are scheduled to face Belmont Tuesday Dec. 2.
- Lipscomb’s free throw percentage of .744 ranks second in the Atlantic Sun and 52nd in the nation. The Lady Bisons also rank third with a three-point field goal percentage of .350 as well as third for three pointers made averaging 7.0 per game.
- Southern is tied for third in the league in rebounding (8.0 rpg), tied for second in defensive rebounds (6.0 per game), and third for blocked shots (1.6 bpg).
- Freshman Loren Cagle dropped to second in the A-Sun for her three-point field goal percentage of .750. Danay Fothergill sits in fourth sporting a three-point percentage of .471.
- The Purple and Gold has allowed 70-79 points in all five games this season and are 1-0 when scoring 80-89 points, 0-1 when scoring 70-79 points, 0-1 when scoring 60-69 points, and 0-2 when scoring 50-59 points.