|December 02, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||BEL|
|FG Percentage||.387 (24-62)||.509 (28-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.133 (2-15)||.308 (8-26)|
|FT Percentage||.588 (10-17)||.615 (16-26)|
COOPER - 2
LUFFMAN-HARTSFIELD - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team will trek down the boulevard to take on crosstown foe Belmont Tuesday at the Curb Event Center.
The Lady Bisons (2-4) snapped a four-game losing streak Saturday night after picking up a 61-59 victory over Morehead State. Forward Ashley Southern led the team with 23 points and nine rebounds. Freshman guard Emily Eubank scored a season and career high 11 points.
The Bruins (1-5) are coming off their first victory of the year defeating Denver in the University of Denver Thanksgiving Tournament. Senior Jordyn Luffman-Hartsfield led Belmont with 14 points while sophomore Frankie Joubran racked up 14 rebounds.
Tuesday’s contest will be broadcast on the OVC Digital Network. Live stats and live audio will also be available for the 4 p.m. tipoff.
- The Bruins lead the overall series 17-5. The Lady Bisons have yet to defeat Belmont since the team left the Atlantic Sun Conference and joined the Ohio Valley Conference.
- The last meeting between the two teams saw a 68-52 Belmont win last season inside Allen Arena.
- Tuesday’s matchup is the fourth-straight game in which the Lady Bisons face an OVC team. Lipscomb fell to Tennessee State on Nov. 22 (73-55) and Murray State on Nov. 25 (74-71) before securing the victory over Morehead State this past Saturday.
- Saturday’s win over Morehead State marked Southern’s 30th career game scoring 10+ points and her 11th career game scoring 20+ points.
- Eubank improved her season and career totals for field goals made (4) and field goals attempted (11) as well as three-pointers made (3) and three-pointers attempted (6).
- Lipscomb’s free throw percentage of .750 ranks second in the A-Sun and 34th in the nation. Freshman Loren Cagle jumped back to first in the conference for her three-point percentage of .600.