|December 07, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UT||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.446 (29-65)||.345 (19-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.304 (7-23)||.304 (7-23)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (20-25)||.600 (6-10)|
Harrison - 16
FOTHERGILL - 1
SOUTHERN - 1
CAGLE - 1
Harrison - 2
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team returns home Sunday Dec. 7 for a high caliber matchup with the Tennessee Lady Vols at 2 p.m. inside Allen Arena.
The Lady Bisons (2-5) fell 80-60 to Belmont Tuesday night at the Curb Event Center. Ashley Southern put up 26 points and seven rebounds for the Purple and Gold. She was 11-for-18 from the field and made four of five free throws. Sara Bliss added 17 points and two assists.
Breaking a two-game losing streak, the Lady Vols defeated Saint Francis at home 111-44. Jasmine Jones led the team hitting 5-of-10 field goals and scoring 16 points for the Lady Vols. She made six of 10 free throws and recorded eight rebounds. Tennessee is on the prowl for its first road victory after falling to Texas 72-59 and Chattanooga 67-63 last week.
Sunday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPN3 with play-by-play commentary from Justin Seamon and Brittany Jackson. Live stats will also be available.
- Sunday is the second-ever meeting between the two teams. Tennessee torched Lipscomb 110-42 last season at Thompson Boling Arena in Knoxville.
- Southern ranks third in the Atlantic Sun in scoring, averaging 15.7 per game. She is also tied for third for rebounding with 8.0 rebounds per game.
- The Lady Bisons sport the second-best free throw percentage in the conference (.726). They are also second in the league and 46th in the nation allowing only 25.4 percent of opponent three-pointers.
- Tennessee’s Andraya Carter sits atop the Southeastern Conference making 3.4 steals per game while Nia Moore holds onto second for blocks averaging 1.8 blocks per game.
- The Lady Vols are third in the SEC averaging 81.3 points per game.