|December 16, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||JSUW||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.222 (16-72)||.446 (25-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.037 (1-27)||.375 (9-24)|
|FT Percentage||.632 (12-19)||.813 (13-16)|
Brothern - 1
St. John - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – After a restful week off and final exams over, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team returns to the court Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. to host Jackson State inside Allen Arena.
In their last match on Dec. 7, the Lady Bisons (2-6) fell 85-51 to the Tennessee Lady Vols. Junior Ashley Southern picked up her second double-double of the season collecting 12 points and 10 rebounds. The double-double was Southern’s 24th of her career.
The Lady Tigers (2-6) also enjoyed a week off after being defeated by Jacksonville State 64-57 on Dec. 7. Ayanna Hardy-Fuller notched a team high 14 points against the Gamecocks. Dominque Brothern and Derica Wiggins each added 11 points for the Lady Tigers.
Tuesday’s match will be broadcast on A-SunTV. Live stats will also be available. To purchase tickets click here or call 615-966-HERD (4373).
- Tuesday is the first-ever meeting between Lipscomb and Jackson State.
- Southern has led the Lady Bisons in both points and rebounds in the last four games. She has recorded the most points in five of the team’s eight games this season and the most rebounds in six of the team’s eight games.
- Southern scored 20-plus points in the three-straight games prior to the match with Tennessee. She collected 21 points against Murray State, 23 against Morehead State, and 26 against Belmont.
- Southern ranks second in the Atlantic Sun for scoring racking up 15.3 points per game. She is also fifth in the conference for rebounding pulling down 8.3 rebounds per game.
- Emily Eubank is the only freshman to make starts in all eight games for Lipscomb this season.
- Lipscomb seeks to regain the advantage on its home court. The Lady Bisons are on a three-game losing streak at home.