|December 20, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||XU|
|FG Percentage||.283 (15-53)||.382 (21-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.190 (4-21)||.304 (7-23)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (4-6)||.591 (13-22)|
BLACKWELL - 11
AIJANEN - 6
SOUTHERN - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team is enjoying a two-game winning streak for the first time this season and looks to claim a third win against Xavier Saturday afternoon at the Cintas Center in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Lipscomb (4-6) pulled off a 72-45 win over Jackson State Tuesday night with senior Sara Bliss leading the way scoring 17 points while junior Ashley Southern added nine rebounds. The Purple and Gold fit in a second win Thursday night as Southern posted her 25th career double-double against Tennessee Tech putting in 19 points and 11 rebounds. Southern was 6-for-15 from the field and made a career-high seven free throws.
Xavier (7-3) prevailed in its match with Cincinnati this past Sunday defeating the Bearcats 72-71 inside the Cintas Center. Senior Maleeka Kynard closed out the game with a team-high 12 points shooting 3-for-4 in 17 minutes of playing time.
Saturday’s match is scheduled for 1 p.m. and can be streamed online here. Live stats will also be available.
- Saturday is the third-ever meeting between Lipscomb and Xavier. The Musketeers hold the overall series advantage 2-0. The last time the two teams met was Dec. 18, 2003 with Xavier claiming the victory 72-65.
- The Lady Bisons rank first in the Atlantic Sun and ninth in the nation for three-point defense allowing only 22.5 percent of opponent three-pointers.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the conference averaging 27.2 defensive rebounds per game. Southern ranks second in the league pulling down 6.5 defensive rebounds per game.
- Southern has collected the most points in six of the team’s 10 games this season as well as the most rebounds in eight of the team’s 10 games.
- The Purple and Gold are 1-3 on the road this season picking up its only road win against Morehead State.