|December 29, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||GT|
|FG Percentage||.362 (21-58)||.429 (27-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.303 (10-33)||.423 (11-26)|
|FT Percentage||1.000 (1-1)||.545 (6-11)|
- 13||Kaela Davis
- 12||Aaliyah Whiteside
SMITH - 6
- 3||Imani Tilford
- 1||Nariah Taylor
Erin Garner - 1
|December 30, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||HARV||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.452 (28-62)||.421 (24-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.406 (13-32)||.355 (11-31)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (15-20)||.500 (4-8)|
SOUTHERN - 14
McDonnell - 9
SOUTHERN - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – After a restful Christmas break, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team will gear up for the final two nonconference road games of the season at the Georgia Tech Holiday Tournament Dec. 29-30 in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Lady Bisons (4-7) faced a disappointing 62-38 loss to Xavier in their last game before the holiday break in Cincinnati, Ohio on Dec. 20. Chandler Cooper led the Purple and Gold scoring 10 points while Ashley Southern collected 11 rebounds. Xavier held Lipscomb to its lowest point total of the season.
Harvard will play Louisiana Tech Monday Dec. 29 at 1 p.m. followed by Lipscomb and Georgia Tech at 3 p.m. The losers of Monday’s games will face off in a consolation game Dec. 30 at 1 p.m. while the winners advance to the championship game Dec. 30 at 3 p.m.
Live stats will be available throughout the tournament.
Scouting Georgia Tech:
Georgia Tech (8-4) is on a three-game winning streak defeating St. Francis Brooklyn 65-59 on Dec. 20, Alabama State 77-53 on Dec. 17, and Central Arkansas 88-50 on Dec. 14.
In their last game against St. Francis Brooklyn, two Yellow Jackets scored in double figures. Kaela Davis put up 19 points while Sydney Wallace collected 14. Davis added six rebounds while Wallace made three assists. Both have played in all 12 games for Georgia Tech with Davis leading the way averaging 19.5 points per game. Wallace averages 13.3 points per game.
Wallace is shooting 42.3 percent from the field this season while Davis sports a 39.9-percent field goal percentage. Two other Yellow Jackets are averaging double figures this season as well. Zaire O’Neil and Aaliyah Whiteside average 10.9 and 10.5 points per game respectively.
In Harvard’s (5-4) last match on Dec. 20, the Crimson pulled off the win over Northeastern 67-65 at home. The team instituted a late comeback win after two late threes by Erin McDonnell and a game-winning jumper by AnnMarie Healy. Temi Fagbenie led the Crimson with 16 points and 16 rebounds capturing her 23rd career double-double.
Fagbenie leads the team in scoring averaging 14.2 points per game as well as rebounding scooping up 12.2 rebounds per game. She is shooting 50.5 percent from the field and 72.7 percent from the free throw line.
Scouting Louisiana Tech:
Louisiana Tech (4-5) lost to Utah on Dec. 20, 67-52, in Salt Lake City. Whitney Frazier led the lady Techsters with 19 points and four rebounds. She made one assist as well. She was 7-for-13 from the field and 4-for-5 from the charity stripe.
Frazier leads the team averaging 13.9 points per game while Chrisstasia Walter leads with 6.8 rebounds per game.
- The Lady Bisons have not played any of the three tournament participants in the NCAA era.
- Should Lipscomb face Harvard, it will be the first time the Purple and Gold have played an Ivy League team in the NCAA era.
- Louisiana Tech head coach Tyler Summitt is the son of former Tennessee Lady Vols head coach Pat Summitt. Lipscomb head coach Greg Brown spent two seasons as an assistant for Pat Summitt.
- Lipscomb continues to lead the conference sporting a three-point defense percentage of 23.4 percent, ranking 11th in the nation.
- The Lady Bisons sport the second-best free throw percentage in the Atlantic Sun (44th in the nation) shooting 73.3 percent from the charity stripe.
- Southern ranks third in the conference pulling down 8.8 rebounds per game as well as fifth in scoring averaging 13.9 points per game. She has been the leading rebounder in 10 games this season and the leading scorer in six games.
- Freshman Emily Eubank ranks fifth in the A-Sun making 3.4 assists per game. Her career high is eight assists against Georgia Southern Nov. 14.