|January 05, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||TNU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.371 (26-70)||.541 (33-61)|
|3P FG Percentage||.290 (9-31)||.517 (15-29)|
|FT Percentage||.625 (10-16)||.824 (14-17)|
NORTHWAY - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team wraps up nonconference play Monday night as the Lady Bisons host Trevecca as part of a Lipscomb doubleheader.
The Purple and Gold dropped to 4-9 on the season after falling 71-53 to Georgia Tech on Monday and 84-63 to Harvard on Tuesday during the Georgia Tech Holiday Tournament.
Senior Sara Bliss led the Lady Bisons with 13 points and added two assists against the Yellow Jackets while junior Ashley Southern and sophomore Chandler Cooper collected 14 points each against Harvard.
Picking up 12 rebounds against Georgia Tech and nine against Harvard, Southern continues to dominate on the boards for Lipscomb averaging 9.1 rebounds per game, ranking third in the Atlantic Sun and 86th in the nation.
Trevecca (6-7, 3-0) is coming off a 79-65 victory over Ursuline College Saturday night with three players scoring in double figures. Christina Curtner led the Trojans with 24 points adding six rebounds, four steals, and five assists. Briana McDonald contributed 15 points and 14 rebounds picking up a double-double. Kaci Britt Bell chipped in with 11 points.
The women’s game is set for 5 p.m. followed by the men’s game against Rhodes College at 7:30 p.m. The game will be broadcast on ASunTV, which can be viewed here. Live stats will also be available.
- Despite Lipscomb and Trevecca both calling Nashville home, the two teams have not met since Lipscomb entered the NCAA.
- Southern has recorded the most points in seven of the team’s 13 games this season as well as the most rebounds in 12 games. She has been the leading rebounder for Lipscomb in the last nine-straight games.
- Freshman Emily Eubank has made three or more assists in nine-straight games averaging 3.6 assists per game, which ranks second in the conference. She is also the only freshman to make starts in 13 games this season.
- The Purple and Gold are 1-5 when allowing 70-79 points and 2-0 when allowing only 50-59 points.
- The Lady Bisons dropped from first to third in the conference and 11th to 48th in the nation allowing only 27.2 percent of opponent three-pointers.