|January 10, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NKU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.431 (25-58)||.390 (23-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (8-24)||.333 (12-36)|
|FT Percentage||.852 (23-27)||.923 (12-13)|
COOPER - 3
EUBANK - 3
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Coming off a dominating victory Monday night, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team looks to carry the momentum into the Atlantic Sun portion of the season against Northern Kentucky on Saturday inside Allen Arena.
The Lady Bisons (5-9) are coming off a 95-71 victory over Trevecca. After a shaky first half, the team exploded on offense in the second half led by Danay Fothergill who scored a season-high 26 points going 7-for-10 from the field and sinking six threes, her career best. Fothergill also made five assists and collected three rebounds.
Northern Kentucky (9-6) transitions into conference mode after posting a 78-57 victory over Georgetown (Ky.) Tuesday night. Melody Doss led the Norse with a season high 22 points. Shar’Rae Davis and Sarah Kinch scored 14 and 10 points respectively while Kaitlyn Gerrety pulled down a career and game-high 11 rebounds.
Saturday will be a doubleheader with both the men and women playing Northern Kentucky. The women tip-off at 4 p.m. with the men following at 6:30 p.m. Both games will be broadcast on ESPN3 with live stats also available.
- Lipscomb and Northern Kentucky have only met four times with NKU leading the overall series claiming victories in all four games.
- Southern averages 13.9 points per game, ranking seventh in the A-Sun for scoring. Also averaging double figures for the Lady Bisons are Sara Bliss putting up 10.8 points per game and Fothergill scoring 10.5 points per game.
- Southern leads the A-Sun in defensive rebounds pulling down 6.8 per game and ranks fourth in overall rebounding averaging 9.1 rebounds per game (87th in the nation).
- Lipscomb’s 95 points against Trevecca is the highest point total this season as well as the highest point total since Greg Brown took over as head coach. The last time Lipscomb scored more than 90 points was in 2009 against USC Upstate (94-77).
- The Purple and Gold rank second the conference with a defensive rebound percentage of 68.2 percent and 3-point field goals made averaging 8.0 per game.
- Monday’s game also produced the team’s best field goal (.541) and three-point percentages (.517) of the season. The Lady Bisons were 33-for-61 from the field and 15-for-29 from behind the arc.
- The Purple and Gold already have more wins going into conference than in the last three years. Lipscomb won five nonconference games in the 2010-11 season.
- Freshman Emily Eubank recorded her ninth-straight game making three or more assists on Monday night. She tied her career high with eight.