|November 13, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LOYOLA||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.303 (20-66)||.286 (18-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.154 (4-26)||.250 (5-20)|
|FT Percentage||.722 (13-18)||.611 (11-18)|
- 23||Ashley Southern
- 8||Ashley Southern
- 3||Loren Cagle
Smith - 2
Loren Cagle - 2
Kilcullen - 1
|November 15, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||GASOW|
|FG Percentage||.397 (23-58)||.318 (21-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.308 (8-26)||.324 (11-34)|
|FT Percentage||.857 (12-14)||1.000 (2-2)|
Hix - 2
Sams - 2
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team is set to tip-off its season this weekend with two matchups. On Friday, the Lady Bisons will take on Loyola (MD) in Allen Arena at 6:30 p.m. followed by a tilt at Georgia Southern on Sunday at 1 p.m.
While the Lady Bisons have yet to take on Loyola in the Division I era, they have played Georgia Southern. The two teams played each other in last season’s opening game, with Lipscomb prevailing 80-74. Senior Ashley Southern notched 12 points, eight rebounds, four assists, and four blocks in the game.
SCOUTING THE GREYHOUNDS:
- Loyola was tapped to finish eighth in its league, the Patriot League, and senior Colleen Marshall was named to the Preseason All-Patriot League squad. In the 2014-15 season, Marshall averaged 13.4 points and 2.59 steals per game.
- The Greyhounds finished 7-23 last season, with a 5-13 conference record. They return five of their six leading scorers from that team.
- Sophomore Bri-Betz White averaged 8.6 per game last season for Loyola, while senior Jeneh Perry notched 7.2 points and 6.9 rebounds a game.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES:
- Georgia Southern won its only exhibition game of the season 76-51 over Coastal Georgia. Junior Patrice Butler led the team with 20 points and seven rebounds.
- The Eagles were picked to finish 11th in the Sun Belt Preseason Poll.
- In the 2014-15 season, Georgia Southern finished 5-24 with a 2-18 conference record.
- The Lady Bisons head into the match having won both of their exhibition games. In the opening exhibition, Lipscomb defeated Freed Hardeman 63-60. Southern paced the Lady Bisons with a double-double of 16 points and 12 rebounds. Sophomore Lauren Cagle added nine points, six rebounds and five assists for the Lady Bisons.
- In the second exhibition match, Lipscomb trumped Young Harris 100-61. The Lady Bisons rode a hot second quarter in which they scored 29 points to the win. The team hit 11 of 21 three-pointers on the night for a 52.4 percent clip. They also made 25 of 31 free throws. Cagle paced Lipscomb with 23 points and eight assists, while sophomore Riley Northway added 22 points and nine rebounds.
- Southern was unanimously voted to the Preseason Atlantic Sun All-Conference team by the league’s head coaches. Last season, she finished second in the A-Sun in scoring with 14.3, and fifth in rebounds with 8.4. Lipscomb was picked to finish sixth overall in the conference in both the coaches poll and the media poll.
You can follow along on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.