|November 19, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||WSU|
|FG Percentage||.352 (25-71)||.449 (35-78)|
|3P FG Percentage||.318 (7-22)||.355 (11-31)|
|FT Percentage||.500 (8-16)||.550 (11-20)|
- 13||van der KEIJL
TAYLOR - 2
|Blocks||van der KEIJL
DAYTON, Ohio – The Lipscomb (1-1) women’s basketball team will be on the road Thursday as they take on Horizon League foe Wright State (1-1) at 6 p.m.
This is the second time the two teams have met. The Raiders defeated the Lady Bisons 79-66 in Nashville last season for the first ever meeting between the two teams.
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS:
- Wright State comes into the matchup having defeated Kent State 73-68 on the road. Four Raiders finished in double figures. Kim Demmings led with 26, and Symone Denham added 14.
- Demmings is the Raiders leading scorer after two games with a 26.5 per game average. Denham adds 15.5, while Riche van der Keijl scores 10.5 per contest.
- van der Keijl leads Wright State in rebounding at 13.5 per game, while Demmings averages 9.5 per contest.
- In their most recent game, the Lady Bisons defeated Georgia Southern on the road 66-55 for their first win of the season. Lipscomb dominated the Eagles in the paint. They out-rebounded Georgia Southern 45-34, and earned 26 points in the paint to the Eagles 16.
- Southern led the way for the Purple and Gold with 23 points on 10-16 shooting to go along with six rebounds and two blockss. Loren Cagle filled up the stat sheet for Lipscomb to the tune of 10 points, six rebounds, a career-high seven assists, and two steals. Smith added 11 points on 3-5 three-point shooting and six rebounds.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career.
- The Lady Bisons are ranked 15th nationally in defensive rebounds per game with an average of 35.0. They are ranked first in the A-Sun.
- Southern is averaging 13.0 rebounds per game ranking her first in the Atlantic Sun and 22nd in the nation.
You can follow the game on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.