|November 22, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||TTU|
|FG Percentage||.409 (27-66)||.517 (30-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (6-18)||.235 (4-17)|
|FT Percentage||.833 (10-12)||.680 (17-25)|
HOWARD - 1
SMITH - 1
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb (1-2) women’s basketball team will be on the road Sunday as they take on OVC foe Tennessee Tech (1-2) at 6 p.m.
Lipscomb faces off with Wright State for the sixth time since 2008. The Golden Eagles lead the series 3-2.
The Lady Bisons defeated Tech 72-53 in Nashville last season. In the last matchup between the two, Ashley Southern paced Lipscomb with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Chandler
Cooper added 12 points on 4-9 three-point shooting.
SCOUTING THE GOLDEN EAGLES:
- Tennessee Tech comes into the matchup having defeated Georgia State 72-65 at home. Two Golden Eagles finished in double-figures. Samaria Howard led with 21, and Hannah Gooslby added 13.
- Howard is the Golden Eagles leading scorer with a 26.5 per game average. Goolsby adds 12.3 per contest.
- Alliyah Smith leads the team in rebounding with 7.7 per game, while Takisha Jordan leads in the assist column with a2.7 mark.
- In their most recent game, the Lady Bisons lost to Wright State on the road 92-65. Senior Ashley Southern led the way for the Purple and Gold with 19 points on 8-16 shooting to go along with 13 rebounds. Sophomore Amber Fuqua and senior Chandler Cooper each scored in double figures, earning 11 and 10 points respectively.
- Southern led the way for the Purple and Gold with 23 points on 10-16 shooting to go along with six rebounds and two blocks in a 66-55 win over Georgia Southern. Loren Cagle filled up the stat sheet for Lipscomb to the tune of 10 points, six rebounds, a career-high seven assists, and two steals.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career.
- The Lady Bisons are ranked 15th nationally in defensive rebounds per game with an average of 35.0. They are ranked first in the A-Sun.
- Southern is averaging 13.0 rebounds per game ranking her first in the Atlantic Sun and 22nd in the nation.
You can follow the game on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.