|November 28, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNA||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.343 (24-70)||.514 (36-70)|
|3P FG Percentage||.321 (9-28)||.409 (9-22)|
|FT Percentage||.714 (10-14)||.875 (7-8)|
- 19||Ashley Southern
- 7||Ashley Southern
- 7||Loren Cagle
KeKe Gunter - 1
Katelyn Nunley - 1
Katelyn Kostelc - 1
|November 29, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||TXSO|
|FG Percentage||.417 (25-60)||.406 (26-64)|
|3P FG Percentage||.294 (5-17)||.269 (7-26)|
|FT Percentage||.700 (7-10)||.538 (7-13)|
Loren Cagle - 2
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (2-3) women’s basketball team will be closing out the holiday weekend with a trip to the Gentry Center at Tennessee State University for the Teresa Phillips Thanksgiving Classic.
On Saturday, the Lady Bisons will face North Alabama (1-4) at 1 p.m. followed by a tilt with Texas Southern (0-2) Sunday at 12 p.m.
SCOUTING THE LIONS:
- North Alabama comes into the matchup having lost to Arkansas Tech 67-65 on the road. Sophomore KeKe Hunter led the Lions with 23 points, six rebounds and three assists in the loss.
- Hunter is the Lions leading scorer and rebounder with averages of 15.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game. Junior Shunice Herron adds 11.4 per contest.
SCOUTING THE LADY TIGERS
- Texas Southern heads into the matchup with Lipscomb having lost to Oklahoma State on the road 87-52. Senior Toni Cheadle and sophomore Amari Dennis each notched 13 points to lead the Lady Tigers.
- Senior Jazzmin Parker is the team’s leading scorer at 14.0 points per game, while senior Kiana Vines and Cheadle both average 11.0 points per matchup.
- In their most recent outing, the Lady Bisons defeated Murray State at home 93-85. Three Lady Bisons scored in double-figures during the game. Sophomore Loren Cagle and senior Kelli Smith both set career highs with 26 and 20 points, respectively. Senior Ashley Southern added 20 points, and sophomore Amber Fiqua also notched a career-high 11 points.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career.
- Southern is averaging 20.0 points and 10.8 rebounds per game ranking her first in the Atlantic Sun in points and second in rebounds and 41st and 40th in the nation, respectively.
- Cagle ranks first in the A-Sun in assists with an 8.2 per game mark. The number ranks her seventh in the nation.
You can follow the game on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.