|December 02, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BEL||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.522 (35-67)||.351 (26-74)|
|3P FG Percentage||.429 (12-28)||.267 (4-15)|
|FT Percentage||1.000 (8-8)||.750 (12-16)|
- 20||Ashley Southern
- 10||Amber Fuqua
Riley Northway - 7
- 10||Loren Cagle
THOMPSON - 1
MAGGARD - 1
MCCABE - 1
NASHVILLE – As the 73rd Battle of the Boulevard between the Lipscomb (3-4) women’s basketball team and Belmont (5-1) is set to take place on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in Allen Arena, Lipscomb sophomore point guard Loren Cagle enters the matchup ranked first overall in the nation in assists per game with a 9.0 mark.
Cagle has dished out four or more assists in every game so far this season, has notched seven or more in all but one game, and compiled 14 in back-to-back games against Murray State and North Alabama.
For her efforts over the past week, Cagle was named the College Madness Atlantic Sun Player of the Week, and was nominated for DI Women’s Basketball Hero of the Week by Hero Sports.
During the most recent matchup between these two teams, Belmont won 80-60 at home last season. Senior Ashley Southern paced Lipscomb with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
Belmont leads the overall series 44-28, and 18-5 in the Division I era.
SCOUTING THE BRUINS:
- Belmont comes into the matchup having defeated Troy 102-93 at home. Kelly Beverly led the Bruins with 20 points.
- Kylee Smith is the Bruins leading scorer with a 12.0 per game average. Darby Maggard adds 11.5 per contest, and Sally McCabe supplies 10.7 per game.
- McCabe leads the team in rebounding with 7.0 per game.
- In their most recent outing, the Lady Bisons lost to Texas Southern 66-62 on the second day of the Teresa Phillips classic. Southern led Lipscomb with 23 points and 15 rebounds.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week for her performances in the second week of action.
- Southern is averaging 20.6 points and 11.7 rebounds per game ranking her first in the Atlantic Sun in points and second in rebounds and 24th and 13th in the nation, respectively.
You can follow the game on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.