|December 05, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MOR||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.417 (35-84)||.375 (27-72)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (7-21)||.280 (7-25)|
|FT Percentage||.833 (15-18)||.667 (16-24)|
- 23||Ashley Southern
- 11||Ashley Southern
- 6||Loren Cagle
MCKEE - 4
- 5||Ashley Southern
Loren Cagle - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (3-5) women’s basketball team will host Morehead State (3-5) Saturday at 1:30 p.m. as part of a doubleheader with the men’s basketball team taking the court afterwards.
The Lady Bisons and the Eagles have met three times with Morehead holding a 2-1 advantage. Lipscomb earned the win in the most recent meeting, 61-59 on the road. Ashley Southern paced Lipscomb with 23 points and nine rebounds, while Shay Steele led the Eagles with 17 points.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES:
- Morehead State comes into the matchup having lost at West Virginia 94-56. Eriel McKee led the Eagles with 17 points and nine rebounds.
- Steele and McKee lead the Eagles in scoring at 15.3 points per game, while Aaliyah Wells (12.4), Miranda Crockett (12.0), Kay Kay Tate (11.6), and Natalie Greenwell (10.8) round out the balanced attack.
- McKee leads the team in rebounding with 7.9 per game.
- In their most recent outing, The Lady Bisons lost to Belmont 90-68 at home in the “Battle of the Boulevard. Southern led the way for the Purple and Gold with 23 points on 10-20 shooting. Junior Alex Banks added 16 points off the bench, while sophomore Loren Cagle led the team in assists and steals with four each.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career.
- Southern is ranked first in the A-Sun and 23rc in the nation in points per game with a mark of 20.9. Her 10.6 rebounds per contest ranks second in the conference and 32nd in the nation.
- Cagle ranks third in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 8.4 per game mark.
You can follow the game on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.