|December 21, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||WKU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.411 (23-56)||.431 (22-51)|
|3P FG Percentage||.273 (3-11)||.333 (7-21)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (15-20)||1.000 (5-5)|
- 24||Ashley Southern
- 7||Loren Cagle
- 4||Chandler Cooper
Amber Fuqua - 1
Ashley Southern - 1
Loren Cagle - 1
BROWN - 2
NASHVILLE – After a week off from action, the Lipscomb (3-9) women’s basketball team hits the court Monday at 6:30 against Western Kentucky (7-2) in Allen Arena.
Lipscomb faces off with Western Kentucky for the first time in the Division I era. So far this season, the Lady Bisons are 1-1 against teams from the state of Kentucky. Over the past four seasons, the Purple and Gold are 2-12 against Kentucky schools.
SCOUTING THE HILLTOPPERS:
- WKU enters the matchup coming off of a 78-44 loss to College of Charleston.
- Kendall Noble is the Hilltopper’s leading scorer at 16.0 points per contest to go along with 7.6 rebounds.
- Tashia Davis earns 15.7 points and 4.4 rebounds per game, while Ivy Brown notches 11.2 points and a team-high 8.9 rebounds.
- The Lady Bisons lost to TSU 77-65 on the road in their last outing. Senior Ashley Southern led the way for the Purple and Gold with 27 points, 14 rebounds, and three steals. Sophomore Loren Cagle added 11 points, three rebounds, six assists, and four steals, while Senior Kelli Smith notched 11 points, five rebounds, and three assists.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked first in the A-Sun and 17th in the nation in points per game with a mark of 21.3. Her 10.7 rebounds per contest ranks second in the conference and 22nd in the nation.
- Cagle ranks fourth in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 8.1 per game mark.
You can follow along on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.