|December 28, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UA|
|FG Percentage||.375 (18-48)||.386 (22-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.500 (9-18)||.333 (6-18)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (4-6)||.857 (18-21)|
Hegstetter - 7
Riley Northway - 3
Middlebrook - 3
Ashley Southern - 1
Riley Northway - 1
Hegstetter - 1
|December 30, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JSUW|
|FG Percentage||.295 (18-61)||.389 (21-54)|
|3P FG Percentage||.313 (10-32)||.250 (5-20)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (6-8)||.500 (6-12)|
Hughes - 2
Woodson - 2
NASHVILLE – After a stretch of nine consecutive games in Nashville, the Lipscomb (3-10) women’s basketball team will be hitting the road for a post-Christmas trip to Alabama and Jackson State.
The first stop will take place on Monday as the Purple and Gold take on Alabama (10-2) at 6 p.m. Next, Lipscomb will head to Mississippi for a matchup with Jackson State (5-5) at 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
SCOUTING THE CRIMSON TIDE:
- Alabama enters the matchup coming off of a 72-57 win over Grambling State.
- Hannah Cook is the Crimson Tide’s leading scorer at 13.0 points per contest to go along with 6.2 rebounds.
- Quanetria Bolton (10.3) and Meoshonti Knight (10.2) both average in double-figure scoring.
- Nikki Hegstetter leads the team in rebounding at 7.6 per contest.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS:
- Jackson State’s last outing ended in a 59-54 loss to Northwestern State.
- Derica Wiggins is the Tigers’ leading scorer at 13.8 points per contest.
- Nyahok Bile paces Jackson State in rebounding with a 6.7 mark.
- The Lady Bisons lost to Western Kentucky 64-56 at home in their last outing. Senior Ashley Southern led the way for the Purple and Gold with 22 points and four rebounds.Sophomore Loren Cagle racked up nine assists to go along with five points and three rebounds.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked first in the A-Sun and 14th in the nation in points per game with a mark of 21.8. Her 10.5 rebounds per contest ranks second in the conference and 23rd in the nation.
- Cagle ranks 3rd in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 8.0 per game mark.
- Lipscomb faces off with Alabama for the first time in the Division I era. Over the past five seasons, the Purple and Gold are 0-8 against SEC schools. The Lady Bisons last matchup with an SEC opponent came last season versus Tennessee at home in an 85-51 loss.