|January 09, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||KSU|
|FG Percentage||.393 (24-61)||.328 (22-67)|
|3P FG Percentage||.136 (3-22)||.194 (6-31)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (3-4)||.500 (5-10)|
YOUNG - 5
Alex Banks - 1
KENNESAW, Ga. – The Lipscomb (3-12) women’s basketball team kicks off the new year with its first Atlantic Sun matchup of the season as the Lady Bisons travel to Georgia to take on Kennesaw State (5-10) on Saturday at 1 p.m.
The contest will be the 20th between the two teams, with the Owls leading the series 12-7. Kennesaw and Lipscomb split last season’s two games, with the Lady Bisons winning the first contest 79-61 and Kennesaw taking the second match 75-57.
SCOUTING THE OWLS:
- Kennesaw State enters the matchup coming off of a 70-59 loss to Wofford.
- Senior Jasmine McAllister leads the Owls in scoring and rebounding with 10.0 per game averages for each category.
- Sophomore Kelly Dulkoski and junior Deandrea Sawyers average 9.5 and 9.3 points per contest, respectively.
- The Lady Bisons lost their last outing to Jackson State 53-52 on the road in a thriller. Sophomore Loren Cagle led the Lady Bisons with 17 points, four rebounds, five assists, and three steals. Sophomore Riley Northway and senior Chandler Cooper notched 14 and 12 points, respectively.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked first in the A-Sun and 39th in the nation in points per game with a mark of 19.0. Her 9.8 rebounds per contest ranks third in the conference and 32nd in the nation.
- Cagle ranks 4th in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 7.5 per game mark.
You can follow along with the game on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.