|January 16, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JU|
|FG Percentage||.365 (19-52)||.470 (31-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.444 (4-9)||.381 (8-21)|
|FT Percentage||.643 (9-14)||.846 (11-13)|
REDDICK - 4
BROWN - 4
Chandler Cooper - 2
REDDICK - 2
|January 18, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UNF|
|FG Percentage||.500 (29-58)||.547 (29-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.450 (9-20)||.360 (9-25)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (3-4)||.846 (11-13)|
Riley Northway - 5
MADEKIVI - 2
Morgan Turner - 1
JOHNSON - 1
MECKUS - 1
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb (3-13) women’s basketball team will be continuing Atlantic Sun play with a trip to Florida for matchups with Jacksonville (9-7) and North Florida (4-12).
The Lady Bisons will take on the Dolphins on Saturday at noon, followed by a date with the Ospreys on Monday at 6 p.m.
Lipscomb faces off with Jacksonville for the 25th time in program history. The Dolphins lead the series 14-10. Last season, the two teams split a pair of matchups with both teams winning on the road by a score of 75-63.
North Florida leads Lipscomb in their all-time series 15-4. The two teams spilt last year’s tilts with Lipscomb winning on the road 71-62 and UNF earning a 57-54 road victory in the second game.
SCOUTING THE DOLPHINS:
- Jacksonville enters the matchup coming off of a 73-39 win over North Florida.
- Junior Sherranda Reddick leads Jacksonville in scoring at 12.3 points per game.
- Sophomore Kayla Gordon averages 10.8 points and 9.6 rebounds per contest.
- Senior Briona Brown scores at a 12.2 per game clip, while junior Christin Mercer scores 10.6 per matchup.
SCOUTING THE OSPREYS:
- Junior Claire Ioannidis leads UNF in scoring at 14.7 points per contest.
- Sophomore Sierra Shepherd also averages in double-figures at 12.6 per game.
- Senior Kadesia Johnson is the team’s top rebounder with a 7.9 mark.
- Last time out, the Lady Bisons dropped a 55-54 thriller on the road to Kennesaw State. It was the team’s second consecutive one-point loss. Three Lipscomb players finished in double-figures: Alex Banks (11), Morgan Turner (10, a new career-high), and Riley Northway (10).
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, senior Ashley Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked first in the A-Sun and 39th in the nation in points per game with a mark of 19.0. Her 9.8 rebounds per contest ranks third in the conference and 34th in the nation.
- Cagle ranks 4th in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 7.4 per game mark.
You can follow along with the game on live stats and live streaming with the links provided.