|January 24, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||FGCU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.414 (24-58)||.302 (16-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.385 (15-39)||.143 (2-14)|
|FT Percentage||.615 (8-13)||.556 (5-9)|
- 25||Riley Northway
TEAM - 6
GRADINJAN - 4
- 3||Kennedy Potts
- 2||Jessica Davies
NASHVILLE – After beginning conference play with three consecutive road games the Lipscomb (3-15) women’s basketball team is set to take on first place Florida Gulf Coast (15-4) in its first Atlantic Sun home game of the season.
This is the 17th time the two teams have played, with the Lady Bisons yet to have defeated the Eagles. Last season, FGCU won a pair of matchups between the two in conference play.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES:
- FGCU enters the matchup coming off of a 70-37 win to NJIT.
- Kaneisha Atwater leads FGCU in scoring at 15.7 points per game.
- Whitney Knight is the team’s leading rebounder at 6.1 per contetst to go along with 10.8 points and 1.6 blocks
- Taylor Gradinjan also averages in double-figures at a 10.4 mark.
- In their last outing, the Lady Bisons dropped a close affair with North Florida 78-70 on the road. Sophomore Riley Northway paced the Purple and Gold with 20 points, while senior Chandler Cooper and junior Alex Banks each added 16.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked first in the A-Sun and 41st in the nation in points per game with a mark of 19.0. Her 9.8 rebounds per contest ranks third in the conference and 36th in the nation.
- Sophomore Loren Cagle ranks 5th in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 7.4 per game mark.
Due to travel difficulties for FGCU to reach Nashville on Friday, Saturday's tipoff time has been moved from 1:30 p.m. to Sunday at 3:30 p.m. at Allen Arena.
Follow along on live stats and with live streaming on the links provided.