|February 10, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NJIT||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.370 (20-54)||.397 (25-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.353 (6-17)||.269 (7-26)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (3-4)||.750 (6-8)|
- 12||Ashley Southern
- 6||Ashley Southern
Alex Banks - 9
- 7||Loren Cagle
GUARINO - 2
SPAHN - 2
Amber Fuqua - 1
Loren Cagle - 1
Alex Banks - 1
NASHVILLE – For the second time in a week, the Lipscomb (3-20, 0-8) women’s basketball team will be facing off against NJIT (4-19, 1-7). This time the matchup will be at Allen Arena on Wednesday night, which will be the Highlanders first trip to Nashville as a member of the Atlantic Sun.
On Feb. 4 the two teams squared off in Newark, New Jersey with NJIT coming out on top 61-51. Junior Alex Banks paced Lipscomb with 23 points, while sophomore Loren Cagle notched eight rebounds, seven assists, two blocks, and two steals. NJIT’s Leah Horton scored 15 points and grabbed 20 rebounds.
SCOUTING THE HIGHLANDERS:
- NJIT enters the matchup coming off of a 82-77 double-overtime loss to Kennesaw State.
- Horton leads the Highlanders in scoring and rebounding at 10.7 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
- Alana Dudley has notched a team-high 77 assists.
- On the defensive end, Horton also leads the team in blocks (15) and steals (23).
- In their last outing, the Purple and Gold fell to USC Upstate 93-71 on the road. Senior Chandler Cooper led the Lady Bisons with 15 points.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked second in the A-Sun and 40th in the nation in points per game with a mark of 19.0. Her 9.8 rebounds per contest ranks second in the conference and 34th in the nation.
- Cagle ranks 5th in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 7.3 per game mark.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming at the links provided.