|February 13, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNF||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.444 (24-54)||.475 (28-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.304 (7-23)||.444 (12-27)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (16-20)||.833 (10-12)|
- 18||Ashley Southern
- 9||Ashley Southern
Loren Cagle - 9
- 6||Kelli Smith
JOHNSON - 2
RUMPH - 1
Ashley Southern - 1
NASHVILLE – After earning its first Atlantic Sun win of the season earlier in the week, the Lipscomb (4-20, 1-8) women’s basketball team will be back on the court in Allen Arena on Saturday afternoon to take on North Florida (6-18, 2-7).
The two teams have met 20 times in the Division I era with the Ospreys leading the series 16-4. Earlier this season, Lipscomb fell at North Florida 78-70. Sophomore Riley Northway led the Lady Bisons in scoring with 20 points, while Sierra Shepherd paced UNF with 20 points.
SCOUTING THE OSPREYS:
- UNF enters the matchup coming off of a 67-56 loss to Stetson.
- Claire Ioannidis leads the Ospreys in scoring at 15.0 points.
- Shepherd averages 12.3 points per contest as the only other player in double-figures.
- Kadesia Johnson leads the team in rebounding at 7.6 per game.
- Lipscomb enters the matchup having defeated NJIT 63-49 at home to end a 17-game losing streak. Senior Ashley Southern returned to the lineup to score 18 points and nine rebounds. Sophomore Loren Cagle added 10 points, seven rebounds, and nine assists.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked second in the A-Sun and 45th in the nation in points per game with a mark of 28.9. Her 9.8 rebounds per contest ranks second in the conference and 34th in the nation.
- Cagle ranks 6th in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 7.1 per game mark.
Follow along with the game through live stats and live streaming at the links provided.