|February 15, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||JU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.508 (31-61)||.344 (21-61)|
|3P FG Percentage||.154 (2-13)||.364 (4-11)|
|FT Percentage||.545 (12-22)||.750 (9-12)|
- 19||Ashley Southern
- 5||Kennedy Potts
- 3||Ashley Southern
Kelli Smith - 3
- 4||Jessica Davies
Ashley Southern - 1
NASHVILLE – After earning back-to-back Atlantic Sun wins, the Lipscomb (5-20, 2-8) women’s basketball is set to close out a three-game homestead against Jacksonville (15-10, 7-3) on Monday night in Allen Arena at 6:30 p.m.
Earlier in the season, the Lady Bisons fell on the road to Jacksonville 81-51. Sophomore Riley Northway paced Lipscomb with 15 points and six rebounds, while JU had four double-figure scorers led by Briona Brown with 19. The Dolphins lead the all-time series between the two teams 15-10.
SCOUTING THE DOLPHINS:
- JU enters the matchup coming off of a 67-42 win over Kennesaw State.
- Briona Brown and Sherranda Reddick lead the Dolphins in scoring at 12.0 points each.
- Christin Mercer averages 10.6 points per contest as the only other player in double-figures.
- Kayla Gordon leads the team in rebounding at 8.3 per game.
- Lipscomb defeated UNF on Saturday 78-71 for its second consecutive A-Sun win. Senior Ashley Southern led the Lady Bisons with 17 points and nine rebounds, while sophomore Loren Cagle notched 12 points, nine rebounds, and six assists.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked second in the A-Sun and 45th in the nation in points per game with a mark of 18.8. Her 9.7 rebounds per contest ranks second in the conference and 34th in the nation.
- Cagle ranks 6th in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 7.1 per game mar
Follow along on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.