|February 27, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.426 (26-61)||.448 (26-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.423 (11-26)||.400 (8-20)|
|FT Percentage||.714 (5-7)||1.000 (4-4)|
- 15||Ashley Southern
TEAM - 7
- 5||Loren Cagle
WALKER - 2
- 2||Ashley Southern
Loren Cagle - 1
NASHVILLE – With one regular season game remaining, the Lipscomb (5-23, 2-11) Lady Bisons will be celebrating the team’s seniors on Saturday afternoon against Kennesaw State (10-18, 5-8) with tip-off set for 4 p.m.
Lipscomb and Kennesaw State have played 21 times in the Division I era, with the Owls leading the series 13-7. Earlier this season, Kennesaw defeated the Lady Bisons 55-54 in Kennesaw. Junior Alex Banks paced Lipscomb with 11 points and seven rebounds, while Aareon Smith collected 23 points for the Owls.
SCOUTING THE OWLS:
- KSU enters the matchup having lost to Stetson 77-62 in their most recent outing.
- Jasmine McAllister is the Owls’ leading scorer and rebounder with 10.4 and 9.2 per game averages, respectively.
- Kelly Dulkoski adds 10.0 points per contest.
- Karly Frye leads the team in assists with a 4.5 per game mark.
- The Lady Bisons fell on the road to FGCU 91-52. Senior Ashley Southern led Lipcomb with 16 points and 12 rebounds, her eighth double-double of the season and 37th of her career.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked second in the A-Sun and 66th in the nation in points per game with a mark of 18.0. Her 9.3 rebounds per contest ranks second in the conference and 63rd in the nation.
- Cagle ranks 7th in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 6.9 per game mark.