|March 04, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIPWOMEN||JUWOMEN|
|FG Percentage||.274 (17-62)||.526 (30-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (4-18)||.462 (6-13)|
|FT Percentage||.929 (13-14)||.700 (14-20)|
Ashley Southern - 3
Kelli Smith - 2
Loren Cagle - 2
Loren Cagle - 1
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – With the regular season completed and the bracket set, the seven-seeded Lipscomb (5-24, 2-12) women’s basketball team will be taking on the two-seeded Jacksonville (19-10, 11-3) in the first round of the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament on Friday night at 6 p.m.
In two previous matchups this season, the Dolphins have come away with two victories. The Lady Bisons fell 81-51 in Jacksonville and 76-55 in Nashville.
SCOUTING THE DOLPHINS:
- Jacksonville comes into the matchup having defeated North Florida 65-51. The Dolphins are on a six game winning streak.
- Sherranda Reddick was just named First Team All-Conference, while Briona Brown and Christin Mercer were named Second Team All-Conference. Mercer also shared the Newcomer of the year award, while Jasmyn Brown was named to the All-Freshman Team.
- Reddick leads the team in scoring at 12.4 points per game, followed by Briona Brown (11.7), and Mercer (11.0).
- Kayla Gordon is the Dolphins’ leading rebounder at 8.1 per contest.
- Last time out, the Lady Bisons dropped a 68-64 thriller at home to Kennesaw State. Senior Ashley Southern paced the team with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Junior Alex Banks added 17.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career. She was also named the A-Sun Player of the Week after the second week of action.
- Southern is ranked second in the A-Sun and 63rd in the nation in points per game with a mark of 18.1. Her 9.4 rebounds per contest ranks second in the conference and 51st in the nation.
- Cagle ranks 6th in the nation and first in the A-Sun in assists with a 6.9 per game mark.
You can follow along with the game on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.