|November 05, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||RHO||LIPBRO~1|
|FG Percentage||.213 (13-61)||.441 (30-68)|
|3P FG Percentage||.138 (4-29)||.524 (11-21)|
|FT Percentage||.556 (15-27)||.750 (12-16)|
TURNER - 8
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team wrapped up exhibition play on Saturday afternoon with an 83-45 win over Rhodes at Allen Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.
The Lady Bisons jumped out to a 19-6 lead after the first quarter and never looked back placing five players in double figures.
“It was good to see the excitement and carry over from our first game,” said Lipscomb head coach Greg Brown. “That’s what you’re looking for is a carryover from the exhibition game, to the next week of practice to the first game. I liked our positioning. Our ball pressure was better. We have a long way to go but tonight was better.”
- Loren Cagle led the way for Lipscomb with a 16-point effort. The junior hit 6-of-7 from the floor including 4-of-4 from beyond the arc. She added four rebounds and a trio of assists in the win. Cagle also made just one turnover in 22 minutes at the point.
- She was joined in double figures by Alex Banks (12), Loshaveon Jones (12), Meredeith Lovelady (11) and Laure Assena (10).
- Lipscomb held Rhodes to just 21.3 percent shooting on the night while hitting 44.1 percent from the floor and 52.4 percent from deep.
- The Lady Bisons held a dominant 52-39 edge in rebounding. Banks and Morgan Turner led the way with eight each. Rhodes’ Bailey Kramer led all players with 14 boards.
- After hitting just 1-of-6 three-point attempts in the first quarter, Lipscomb hit 10-of-15 to close the contest.
- 16 different Lipscomb players saw action in the contest.
Up next: Lipscomb lifts the lid off the 2016-17 season on Friday at Loyola (MD) in Baltimore at 5 p.m.