|November 11, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||LOYOLA|
|FG Percentage||.200 (9-45)||.500 (30-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.105 (2-19)||.286 (4-14)|
|FT Percentage||.526 (10-19)||.556 (10-18)|
COTTON - 5
BANKS - 5
TEAM - 7
DAVIES - 1
BROUGHTON - 1
Betz-White - 3
Gray - 3
CAGLE - 1
Kilcullen - 1
Monzo - 1
|November 13, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||OM|
|FG Percentage||.327 (16-49)||.455 (30-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.273 (6-22)||.286 (6-21)|
|FT Percentage||.647 (11-17)||.476 (10-21)|
Joseph - 2
Sessom - 2
Manuel - 2
Manuel - 1
NASHVILLE – After a pair of preseason games and a long offseason of waiting, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team is ready to bounce back into action this weekend as the Lady Bisons kick off the regular season with a pair of matchups.
First, Lipscomb will open up the season on Friday with a game against Loyola (MD) at 5 p.m., followed by a date with Ole Mississippi on Sunday at 5 as well.
SCOUTING THE GREYHOUNDS:
- Lipscomb faces off with Loyola for only the second time in the Division I era. The Greyhounds won the previous matchup, which took place last season at Allen Arena, 57-52. It was the season opener for both teams last year as well.
- Junior Bri Betz-White was named to the All-Patriot League preseason team.
- Betz-White is the team’s leading returning scorer at 10.4 points per game.
- 12 letter-winners are returning for an experienced squad that finished third in the Patriot League last season.
SCOUTING THE REBELS:
- The Lady Bisons and Ole Miss have yet to meet in the Division I era.
- Junior Shandricka Sessom was named to the preseason All-SEC Second Team.
- She is the team’s leading returning scorer and rebounder at 15.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game.
- Ole Miss finished 14th in the SEC during the 2015-16 season after posting a 10-20 overall record.
- The Lady Bisons defeated Rhodes in the final exhibition game of the preseason 83-45 at home. Five Lady Bisons finished in double-figures: Loren Cagle (16), Alex Banks (12), Loshaveon Jones (12), Meredith Lovelady (11), and Laure Assena (10).
- In the first exhibition match of the season, Lipscomb fell to Freed-Hardeman 81-64 at home. Cagle paced the Lady Bisons in that match with 15 points, four rebounds, four assists, and two steals.
- Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. Last season, she finished eighth in the nation with 6.96 assists per game.
- Lipscomb was picked to finish seventh out of eight teams in the ASUN Preseason Poll.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.