|November 11, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||LOYOLA|
|FG Percentage||.200 (9-45)||.500 (30-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.105 (2-19)||.286 (4-14)|
|FT Percentage||.526 (10-19)||.556 (10-18)|
COTTON - 5
BANKS - 5
TEAM - 7
DAVIES - 1
BROUGHTON - 1
Betz-White - 3
Gray - 3
CAGLE - 1
Kilcullen - 1
Monzo - 1
BALTIMORE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team had a tough start to the season as the Lady Bisons (0-1) dropped the season opener to Loyola (MD, 1-0) 74-30.
A cold first quarter put Lipscomb in a hole they could not dig themselves out of, despite playing it close with the Greyhounds for the preceding three quarters.
Senior Alex Banks paced Lipscomb with five points and four rebounds, while junior Loren Cagle added four points, three rebounds, two assists, and one block.
Junior Kennedy Potts and sophomore Kaylee Cotton tied Banks with a team-high five points.
Head Coach Greg Brown’s Thoughts:
“We came off two good weeks of practice and felt good heading into tonight. Both teams were a little tight to start. Then, we forced some shots and passes and that just led to too many turnovers, which meant we were playing defense in transition.
“We had lots of looks at open shots and couldn’t get them to fall. It just became a cycle of turnovers and missed shots. We’ll go to practice tomorrow and prepare for Ole Miss on Sunday.”
- Seven Lady Bisons made their regular season debuts in the Purple and Gold tonight: Laure Assena, Loshaveon Jones, Meredith Lovelady, Auriana Broughton, Carleigh Short, Lexi Manos, and Kaylee Cotton.
- Lipscomb out-rebounded Loyola 37-36. However, Loyola notched 16 assists to Lipscomb’s five.
- The Greyhounds outshot the Lady Bisons 30-60 to 9-45, including a 4-2 advantage on three-pointers.
- Lipscomb turned the ball over 28 times to Loyola’s 10.
- The Lady Bisons shot 10-19 from the free throw line.
- Cagle was the only Lady Bison to play over 25 minutes, putting in 33 minutes of action.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will be travelling to Oxford, Mississippi to take on Ole Miss on Sunday at 5 p.m.