|November 13, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||OM|
|FG Percentage||.327 (16-49)||.455 (30-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.273 (6-22)||.286 (6-21)|
|FT Percentage||.647 (11-17)||.476 (10-21)|
Joseph - 2
Sessom - 2
Manuel - 2
Manuel - 1
OXFORD, Miss. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball (0-2) team dropped its second consecutive game to start the season as the Lady Bisons fell on the road to Ole Miss (2-0) 76-49.
Lipscomb once again started off the game slow, before outscoring the Rebels in the second half. But the scoring uptick was too late as Ole Miss had already built up too large of a lead for the Lady Bisons to overcome.
Kaylee Cotton continued the solid start to her collegiate career as the freshman led the Lady Bisons in scoring with 14 points and tied for the team lead in rebounds with four.
Senior Alex Banks and junior Laure Assena also both grabbed four rebounds to share the team-high mark with Cotton.
Junior Meredith Lovelady added seven points, two rebounds, and one steal.
Head Coach Greg Brown’s Thoughts:
“After the opener, we found out a lot of things that we needed to work on. Tonight’s result obviously isn’t what we wanted, but we improved on several of the things we wanted to focus on after Friday’s game against Loyola.
“We came out after halftime and executed our game plan, and I think that showed. We outscored them in the second half and only turned the ball over five times. I think that inspired confidence and we can build on that performance as we prepare for our next game against Alabama.
“They have two of the most talented post players in the SEC. Going up against players of their size and athleticism is tough, but it will only help us in the long run.
“Kaylee Cotton played well tonight. She came in off the bench and went five for seven to provide some scoring and energy for us."
- Junior Shandricka Sessom led Ole Miss with 26 points and four rebounds. Senior Erika Sisk added 14 and nine, while freshman Shelby Gibson notched 10 points.
- The Rebels out-rebounded the Lady Bisons 45-32, including a 19-9 offensive rebounding advantage.
- Lipscomb committed 22 turnovers, while managing to force 11 Ole Miss turnovers.
- The two teams shot almost identical from behind the arc, with the Purple and Gold shooting 6-22 and Mississippi shooting 6-21 from deep.
- The Rebels shot just 10-21 from the charity stripe, while Lipscomb went 11-17 from the free throw line.
- Junior Loren Cagle led the Lady Bisons in minutes played with 29.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will play a second consecutive matchup against an SEC opponent as Lipscomb travels to Tuscaloosa to take on Alabama at 7 p.m. on Thursday.