|November 17, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UA|
|FG Percentage||.226 (14-62)||.485 (32-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.182 (4-22)||.250 (4-16)|
|FT Percentage||.500 (3-6)||.700 (14-20)|
Williams - 8
CAGLE - 1
TUSCALOOSA – For the third consecutive road game to start the season, the Lipscomb (0-2) women’s basketball team will be heading to Tuscaloosa to take on the University of Alabama (2-0) on Thursday night at 7 p.m.
It will also be the second consecutive matchup with a Southeastern Conference school for the Lady Bisons who fell to Ole Miss on the road on Sunday 76-49.
SCOUTING THE CRIMSON TIDE:
- Lipscomb faces off with Alabama for only the second time in the Division I era.
- Lipscomb lost to the Crimson Tide last season on the road 68-49. Alex Banks led the Lady Bisons with 16 points on 6-9 shooting. Hannah Cook paced Alabama with 20 points and seven rebounds.
- Alabama enters the matchup having defeated Mississippi Valley State 93-44 in its most recent outing.
- The Crimson Tide have five players averaging in double-figures so far this season: Jordan Lewis, Shaquera Wade, Meoshonti Knight, Ashley Knight, and Quanetria Bolton.
- Hannah Cook is the team’s leading returning scorer at 12.0 points per game.
- Freshman Kaylee Cotton has been the Lady Bisons’ leading scorer so far this season. The guard notched a team-high 14 points (on 5-7 shooting) and four rebounds in the loss to Ole Miss.
- Lipscomb is currently 1-17 against SEC schools heading into the matchup with Alabama. The lone win came against Ole Miss in 2003, a 74-71 victory at home.
- The Lady Bisons defeated Rhodes in the final exhibition game of the preseason 83-45 at home. Five Lady Bisons finished in double-figures: Loren Cagle (16), Alex Banks (12), Loshaveon Jones (12), Meredith Lovelady (11), and Laure Assena (10).
- Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. Last season, she finished eighth in the nation with 6.96 assists per game.
- Lipscomb was picked to finish seventh out of eight teams in the ASUN Preseason Poll.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.