|November 26, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||CSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.419 (26-62)||.316 (18-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.267 (4-15)||.200 (5-25)|
|FT Percentage||.733 (11-15)||.786 (11-14)|
BANKS - 2
STEEDE - 2
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (1-4) women’s basketball team is head back home for a post-Thanksgiving matchup with Charleston Southern (2-2).
The Lady Bisons will be facing off with the Buccaneers on Saturday at 4 p.m. in Allen Arena with the hopes of earning a second straight home victory.
SCOUTING THE BUCCANEERS:
- Lipscomb faces off with Charleston Southern for the first time in the Division I era.
- Charleston Southern enters the matchup having loss to North Carolina 93-77 on the road.
- The Racers have three players averaging in double-figures so far this season: Alyssa Mann (15.5), Ke’Asia Jackson (12.0), and Rachel Burns (11.5).
- Burns is also the team’s leading rebounder at 6.3 per contest.
- Senior Alex Banks has been the Lady Bisons’ leading scorer so far this season with 11.0 points per game. The forward notched a career-high 34 points (on 14-20 shooting) and 11 rebounds in the Lady Bisons’ 66-59 victory over Anderson in the home opener.
- Lipscomb heads into the matchup having loss to Murray State 79-59 on the road. Junior Meredith Lovelady led the team with 14 points, while junior Loren Cagle had the most rebounds (9) and assists (6).
- The Lady Bisons defeated Rhodes in the final exhibition game of the preseason 83-45 at home. Five Lady Bisons finished in double-figures: Loren Cagle (16), Alex Banks (12), Loshaveon Jones (12), Meredith Lovelady (11), and Laure Assena (10).
- Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. Last season, she finished eighth in the nation with 6.96 assists per game.
- Lipscomb was picked to finish seventh out of eight teams in the ASUN Preseason Poll.
You can follow along with live stats for the game at the link provided.