|November 26, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||CSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.419 (26-62)||.316 (18-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.267 (4-15)||.200 (5-25)|
|FT Percentage||.733 (11-15)||.786 (11-14)|
BANKS - 2
STEEDE - 2
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (1-5) women’s basketball team’s earned its first home loss of the season as the Lady Bisons fell 67-52 to Charleston Southern (3-2) in Allen Arena.
Senior Alex Banks earned her second double-double of the game in the loss, piling up 21 points and 12 rebounds. Banks also grabbed two steals on defense.
Junior Loshaveon Jones was active all over the court, totaling six points, five rebounds, one steal, and one block.
It was a rough shooting night for the Lady Bisons, as they shot just 18-57 from the field for a 31.6 shooting percentage.
Head Coach Greg Brown’s Thoughts:
“I thought in the second half we showed some good things again. We had more movement offensively, but we need to be able to do that the whole game. That is something I have to help with.
“Alex was solid again. She’s doing good things. We had several players come in and bring some energy for us. The girls played hard. We just have to combine that with execution. As a staff, we will help with that.
“We have to continue to make progress. I know that sounds repetitive, but it’s true. Our decision-making has to get a lot better. When it does, I think that will help us play better both offensively and defensively. We also have to make layups and free throws and cut down on turnovers.”
- Sophomore Morgan Turner earned her first start of the season, posting four points and four rebounds.
- Junior Riley Northway saw her first action of the season. She grabbed a rebound in one minute of action.
- Junior Loren Cagle led the team with three assists. She added six points and two rebounds.
- Senior Alyssa Mann paced Charleston Southern with 20 points, eight rebounds, five assists, and two steals.
- Lipscomb was out-rebounded 41-38, and lost the assist battle 11-10.
- Charleston Southern gained 20 bench points to Lipscomb’s 16.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will be back taking on Belmont on Tuesday in the Battle of the Boulevard. The match will take place at the Curb Event Center, with tip-off coming at 5 p.m.