|November 29, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||BEL|
|FG Percentage||.407 (24-59)||.563 (36-64)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (4-18)||.667 (16-24)|
|FT Percentage||.833 (10-12)||.800 (12-15)|
TEAM - 7
MCCABE - 7
CAGLE - 3
ROY - 6
FUQUA - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (1-5) women’s basketball team is set for the 73rd iteration of the Battle of the Boulevard as the Lady Bisons will be taking on Belmont on Tuesday night at the Curb Event Center.
Tipoff is set for 5 p.m. as the Purple and Gold are looking for their first victory over Belmont since the 2010-11 season.
SCOUTING THE BRUINS:
- Belmont holds a 45-28 lead in the series, including a 90-68 win at home last season.
- Belmont enters the matchup having defeated Loyola Marymount 79-72 on the road in its most recent outing.
- The Racers have two players averaging in double-figures so far this season: Kylee Smith (16.1) and Darby Maggard (13.4).
- Sally McCabe is the team’s leading rebounder at 7.9 per contest.
- Senior Alex Banks has been the Lady Bisons’ leading scorer so far this season with 12.7 points per game. The forward notched a career-high 34 points (on 14-20 shooting) and 11 rebounds in the Lady Bisons’ 66-59 victory over Anderson in the home opener.
- Lipscomb heads into the matchup having loss to Charleston Southern 67-52 at home. Banks notched her second double-double of the season with 21 points and a career-high 12 rebounds.
- The Lady Bisons defeated Rhodes in the final exhibition game of the preseason 83-45 at home. Five Lady Bisons finished in double-figures: Loren Cagle (16), Alex Banks (12), Loshaveon Jones (12), Meredith Lovelady (11), and Laure Assena (10).
- Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. Last season, she finished eighth in the nation with 6.96 assists per game.
- Lipscomb was picked to finish seventh out of eight teams in the ASUN Preseason Poll.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for the game at the links provided.