|December 03, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||MORW|
|FG Percentage||.293 (17-58)||.435 (27-62)|
|3P FG Percentage||.346 (9-26)||.118 (2-17)|
|FT Percentage||.833 (10-12)||.773 (17-22)|
TEAM - 7
McQUEEN - 4
TURNER - 1
MOREHEAD, Ky. – The Lipscomb (1-6) women’s basketball team is set for a matchup with Morehead State (5-3) on Saturday with tipoff set for 11 a.m.
The Lady Bisons are looking to end their road woes against the Eagles as they kick off December with a road trip.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES:
- This is the fourth D-1 meeting between the two squads, with Morehead holding a 3-1 series lead, including a 92-77 win on the road last season.
- Morehead enters the matchup having lost to nationally-ranked West Virginia 94-53 in its most recent outing.
- The Eagles have three players averaging in double-figures so far this season: Brianna McQueen (10.7), Miranda Crockett (10.6), and Eriel McKee (10.3)
- McKee also leads the team with 9.4 rebounds per contest. McQueen leads with 4.9 assists per game.
- Senior Alex Banks has been the Lady Bisons’ leading scorer so far this season with 13.4 points per game. The forward notched a career-high 34 points (on 14-20 shooting) and 11 rebounds in the Lady Bisons’ 66-59 victory over Anderson in the home opener. She grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds in a 67-52 loss to Charleston Southern at home.
- Lipscomb heads into the matchup having loss to Belmont 100-62 on the road. Banks led the team with 18 points and seven rebounds, while junior Loshaveon Jones set her Bison-career high with 13 points.
- The Lady Bisons defeated Rhodes in the final exhibition game of the preseason 83-45 at home. Five Lady Bisons finished in double-figures: Loren Cagle (16), Alex Banks (12), Loshaveon Jones (12), Meredith Lovelady (11), and Laure Assena (10).
- Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. Last season, she finished eighth in the nation with 6.96 assists per game.
- Lipscomb was picked to finish seventh out of eight teams in the ASUN Preseason Poll.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for the game at the links provided.