|December 03, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||MORW|
|FG Percentage||.293 (17-58)||.435 (27-62)|
|3P FG Percentage||.346 (9-26)||.118 (2-17)|
|FT Percentage||.833 (10-12)||.773 (17-22)|
TEAM - 7
McQUEEN - 4
TURNER - 1
MOREHEAD, Ky. – Despite a season-high 18 points from junior Loren Cagle, the Lipscomb (1-7) women’s basketball team’s road woes continued as the Lady Bisons fell to Morehead State (6-3) 73-53 on the road.
Lipscomb stayed even with the Eagles through the first quarter and early in the second quarter before Morehead went on a 15-1 run to close out the first half.
To go along with her team-high 18 points, Cagle added four rebounds and a team-best four assists.
Sophomore Morgan Turner notched five points and team-leading seven rebounds, while senior Alex Banks compiled six points and six rebounds.
Junior Kennedy Potts scored a season-high nine points, including a pair of three-pointers in the fourth quarter.
Head Coach Greg Brown’s Thoughts:
“The second half showed some of the execution we've been working hard on in practice. We have to put that together for 40 minutes. We11 assists on 11 FG's in the second half, but we can't play out of a hole from the first.
“We have two days to continue to work on reducing turnovers and rotating defensively before going to SEMO.”
- Four Eagles finished in double-figures: Shay Steele (16), Eriel McKee (13), Miranda Crockett (11), and Brianna McQueen (10).
- Lipscomb nailed nine three-pointers, compared to just two from Morehead. Cagle led the team with a 4-7 mark from behind the line.
- 12 Lady Bisons saw action in the loss.
- Morehead won the rebounding battle 42-37, and notched 18 assists to Lipscomb’s 14.
- Junior Meredith Lovelady was active on the defensive end, securing a team-high three steals.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will be on the road again on Tuesday as Lipscomb visits Southeast Missouri State for a 6:30 p.m. tipoff.