|December 06, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||SEMO|
|FG Percentage||.462 (24-52)||.367 (29-79)|
|3P FG Percentage||.364 (8-22)||.296 (8-27)|
|FT Percentage||.778 (7-9)||.684 (13-19)|
TURNER - 11
ASSENA - 5
HACKMANN - 2
Cape Girardeau, Mo. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team (1-8) started off the game strong on the road, before Southeast Missouri State (5-5) took over late in the contest to win 79-63.
Sophomore Morgan Turner shot a perfect 4-4 from the field, including 3-3 from behind the arc, to tie for the team lead with 11 points. Junior Meredith Lovelady also scored 11, thanks to a 3-8 mark from deep.
Junior Loren Cagle dished out a game-high eight assists to go along with seven points, while fellow junior Riley Northway scored a season-high eight points.
HEAD COACH GREG BROWN'S THOUGHTS:
"We did a lot of things well. We finished better, we knocked down open shots, and we answered runs. Those are all things we worked on. But, all the things we did well were negated by their offensive rebounding. We have to rebound better."
- Three players scored in double-figures for SEMO: Hannah Noe (18), Bri Mitchell (14), and Olivia Hackmann (14).
- 10 different Lady Bisons scored in the loss, including seven with five or more points.
- Senior Alex Banks and junior Laure Assena tied for the team lead with five rebounds apiece.
- Lipscomb was out-rebounded 59-25, while the Lady Bisons’ notched 13 assists SEMO’s 10.
- The two teams tied with eight three-pointers made. Lipscomb had 22 three-point shots, while the Redhawks had 27.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will be back at home as they take on fellow Nashville team Tennessee State in Allen Arena on Sunday at 2 p.m.