|December 11, 2016||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||1OT||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||TSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.484 (30-62)||.509 (27-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.350 (7-20)||.391 (9-23)|
|FT Percentage||.500 (10-20)||.471 (8-17)|
PARKER - 1
JONES - 1
BEARD - 1
CAGLE - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (1-8) women’s basketball team is returning home to face fellow Nashville squad Tennessee State (1-5) at Allen Arena on Sunday at 2 p.m.
The Lady Bisons will be in playing their fourth consecutive Ohio Valley Conference team and fifth total this season after having already faced Murray State, Belmont, Morehead State, and Southeast Missouri State.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS:
- This is the 13th D-1 meeting between the two squads, with TSU holding a 10-2 series lead. In the most recent meeting, the Tigers won 77-65 at home last season.
- TSU enters the matchup having lost to Tennessee 86-36 on the road.
- The Tigers have two players averaging in double-figures so far this season: Jayda Johnson (14.0) and I’mani Davis (11.7).
- Davis also leads the team with 9.7 rebounds per contest.
- Senior Alex Banks has been the Lady Bisons’ leading scorer so far this season with 11.7 points per game. The forward notched a career-high 34 points (on 14-20 shooting) and 11 rebounds in the Lady Bisons’ 66-59 victory over Anderson in the home opener. She grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds in a 67-52 loss to Charleston Southern at home.
- Lipscomb heads into the matchup having loss to SEMO 79-63 on the road. Junior Meredith Lovelady and sophomore Morgan Turner led the team with 11 points each.
- The Lady Bisons defeated Rhodes in the final exhibition game of the preseason 83-45 at home. Five Lady Bisons finished in double-figures: Loren Cagle (16), Alex Banks (12), Loshaveon Jones (12), Meredith Lovelady (11), and Laure Assena (10).
- Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. Last season, she finished eighth in the nation with 6.96 assists per game.
- Lipscomb was picked to finish seventh out of eight teams in the ASUN Preseason Poll.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for the game at the links provided.