|January 07, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.377 (23-61)||.358 (19-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.250 (3-12)||.300 (3-10)|
|FT Percentage||.677 (21-31)||.700 (14-20)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (3-12) women’s basketball team is set to open ASUN Conference play on Saturday afternoon in Allen Arena as part of a doubleheader with the men’s basketball team.
The two teams will be taking on Kennesaw State (1-13), with the women’s game set to tip-off at 1:30 p.m.
SCOUTING THE OWLS:
- This is the 22nd Division I matchup between the two schools, with Kennesaw State having won the previous outing 68-64 at Lipscomb on Senior Night last season. They also won 55-54 at Kennesaw earlier in the 2015-16 campaign.
- KSU enters the matchup having lost to Temple 79-38.
- The Owls have one player averaging in double-figures so far this season: Clara Young (10.2).
- Allison Johnson leads the team with 7.2 rebounds per contest.
- Senior Alex Banks has been the Lady Bisons’ leading scorer so far this season with 11.1 points per game. The forward notched a career-high 34 points (on 14-20 shooting) and 11 rebounds in the Lady Bisons’ 66-59 victory over Anderson in the home opener. She grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds in a 67-52 loss to Charleston Southern at home.
- Lipscomb heads into the matchup having lost to Princeton at home 71-43. Junior Kennedy Potts lead the team with a career-high 12 points.
- Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. She is averaging 8.5 points, 4.6 assists, and 4.3 rebounds on the season.
- Banks and Cagle are the only players to start every game so far this year against Lipscomb.
- 12 Lady Bisons are averaging 10 or more minutes per game on the season.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.