|January 28, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||NJIT|
|FG Percentage||.433 (26-60)||.438 (28-64)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (11-33)||.182 (2-11)|
|FT Percentage||.625 (5-8)||.750 (18-24)|
RUBAN - 7
BANKS - 2
Newark, N.J. – The Lipscomb (4-16, 1-4) women’s basketball team is continuing its first road stretch of the ASUN season with a trip to New Jersey to take on NJIT (8-12, 1-4).
The game is set to tip-off on Saturday at noon in NJIT’s Fleisher Athletic Center.
SCOUTING THE HIGHLANDERS:
- This is the third Division I matchup between the two schools, as NJIT joined the ASUN last season, with the series tied at one win apiece. The two teams split last season’s matchups, with each squad winning on the road.
- NJIT enters the matchup having lost to Stetson 77-43.
- The Highlanders have one player averaging in double-figures so far this season: Alana Dudley (11.8).
- Danielle Tunstall leads the team in rebounding at 6.2 per contest.
- Senior Alex Banks has been the Lady Bisons’ leading scorer so far this season with 11.2 points per game. The forward notched a career-high 34 points (on 14-20 shooting) and 11 rebounds in the Lady Bisons’ 66-59 victory over Anderson in the home opener. She grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds in a 67-52 loss to Charleston Southern at home. She leads the team with 11.6 points per game.
- Lipscomb heads into the matchup having lost to Jacksonville at home 84-60. Junior Meredith Lovelady led the team with 10 points and freshman Lauren Rau scored a career-high nine points.
- Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. She is averaging 8.3 points, 4.9 assists, and 4.3 rebounds on the season.
- Banks and Cagle are the only players to start every game so far this year for Lipscomb.
- 10 Lady Bisons are averaging 10 or more minutes per game on the season.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.