|February 08, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UPST|
|FG Percentage||.492 (31-63)||.464 (32-69)|
|3P FG Percentage||.375 (6-16)||.188 (3-16)|
|FT Percentage||.875 (7-8)||.667 (22-33)|
COTTON - 1
CAGLE - 1
ASSENA - 1
POPPLEWELL - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (5-18, 1-6) women’s basketball team will be faced with a quick turnaround as they are set for a midweek matchup with USC Upstate (8-15, 1-7).
The game, which takes place on Wednesday at 6 p.m., will be the second between the two teams in a three-game stretch.
SCOUTING THE SPARTANS:
- This is the 20th Division I matchup between the two schools, with Upstate holding a 15-4 series lead, including both of last season’s matchups.
- Lipscomb won the previous matchup between the two this season 84-77 in Nashville.
- Upstate enters the game having lost to Kennesaw State 74-67 at home.
- Raven Jefferson leads the Spartans in scoring at 14.8 points per game.
- Senior Alex Banks has been the Lady Bisons’ leading scorer so far this season with 11.5 points per game. The forward notched a career-high 34 points (on 14-20 shooting) and 11 rebounds in the Lady Bisons’ 66-59 victory over Anderson in the home opener. She grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds in a 67-52 loss to Charleston Southern at home. She leads the team with 11.2 points per game.
- Lipscomb heads into the matchup having lost to NJIT at home 76-53.
- Junior Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list. She is averaging 8.4 points, 5.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, and 1.4 steals on the season.
- Banks and Cagle are the only players to start every game so far this year against Lipscomb.
- 11 Lady Bisons are averaging 10 or more minutes per game on the season.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.