|March 03, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JU|
|FG Percentage||.379 (22-58)||.500 (33-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.308 (8-26)||.231 (3-13)|
|FT Percentage||.706 (12-17)||.815 (22-27)|
BENDER - 1
JACKSONVILLE Fla. – The sixth-seeded Lipscomb (6-23) women’s basketball team is headed to Florida to take on third-seeded Jacksonville (22-7) in the first round of the ASUN Tournament.
The game is set to take place at JU’s Swisher Gymnasium on Friday at 6 p.m.
SCOUTING THE DOLPHINS:
- This is the 30th Division I matchup between the two schools, with Jacksonville holding a 19-10 series lead, including both previous matchups between the two teams this season. The Dolphins also won last season first round ASUN meeting between the schools.
- JU enters the game having defeated UNF 69-59.
- The Dolphins have three players averaging in double-figures: Sherranda Reddick (17.1), Christin Mercer (12.9) and Brandi Buie (12.8).
- JU has played four Power Five schools so far this season: Florida State, South Florida, North Carolina, and Auburn.
- The Lady Bisons won their home opener against Anderson 66-59 thanks to a career-high 34 points and 11 rebounds from Alex Banks. She leads the team with 12.2 points and 6.1 rebounds per game.
- On Senior Night, Banks, the team’s lone senior, led the way with 21 points and eight rebounds on route to scoring her 1,000th career point. She and her father, Alan Banks, became the second father-daughter duo to achieve the feat in school history.
- Banks is the only Lady Bison to start every game for Lipscomb so far this season.
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award, which is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only four players from a mid-major program on the list.
- Cagle leads the ASUN with 5.7 (6.9 in ASUN play) assists per game, and has posted double-figures in assists five times this season, including the two highest marks in ASUN play with 14 and 12. She has also notched five or more assists in 16 games.
- Cagle’s 5.1 rebounds per game (5.8 in ASUN play) is the highest mark for a point guard in the conference. She has posted 14 games of five or more rebounds, including a career-high 14 against USC Upsate.
- Junior Kennedy Potts scored a career-high 17 points, including a 4-7 mark from deep, in the Senior Night victory over UNF.
- During a 78-74 road win over Ball State, junior Loshaveon Jones and Meredith Lovelady both set career-highs with 18 and 15 points, respectively.
- 11 Lady Bisons are averaging 10 or more minutes per game on the season.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.