|November 10, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
Col. of Charleston
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||COFC|
|FG Percentage||.381 (24-63)||.492 (31-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (8-36)||.304 (7-23)|
|FT Percentage||.650 (13-20)||.727 (16-22)|
CAGLE - 6
Brown - 5
|November 12, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||CSU|
|FG Percentage||.389 (21-54)||.229 (16-70)|
|3P FG Percentage||.308 (8-26)||.333 (8-24)|
|FT Percentage||.500 (8-16)||.667 (14-21)|
NORTHWAY - 7
DUMORNE - 9
CAGLE - 5
LOVELADY - 2
CAGLE - 2
DOBSON - 3
CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team is set to kick of the 2017-18 season with a trip to South Carolina to take on the College of Charleston and Charleston Southern.
Friday’s matchup with the Cougars is set to begin 11 a.m., while Sunday’s game against Buccaneers will begin at 1 p.m.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS:
- This is the first Division I matchup between the two programs.
- College of Charleston finished last season 9-21 and placed eighth in the Colonial Athletic Association.
- The Cougars leading returning scorer and rebounder is Tanisha Brown, who averaged 12.6 and 7.6 per game last season.
- CofC lost their leading scorer (17.9) and rebounder (8.4) from last season: Breanna Bolden.
SCOUTING THE BUCCANEERS:
- The two programs played for the first time last season, with Charleston Southern winning 67-52 at Lipscomb.
- CSU finished last season 18-14 and placed eighth in the Colonial Athletic Association. They lost in the first round of the WBI to UNC Greensboro.
- Ke’Asia Jackson was the Buccaneers’ leading scorer last season at 15.0 points per game.
- Rachel Burns also averaged in double-figures at 10.9 points per game.
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle was also unanimously voted ono the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team. She is the only returning player in the conference to finish last season in the top-22 for points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.
- The Bisons return 10 players who averaged 10 or more minutes per game last season: Cagle (36.3), Meredith Lovelady (21.6), Kennedy Potts (20.9), Loshaveon Jones (16.8), Morgan Turner (15.4), Riley Northway (14.4), Auriana Broughton (14.0), Kaylee Cotton (12.8), Lexi Manos (11.4), and Laure Assena (11.1).
- The roster features a conference-high seven seniors: Cagle, Lovelady, Potts, Jones, Northway, Broughton, and Assena.
- Cagle is the team’s leading returning scorer (8.9), rebounder (5.2), and assister (5.9) from last season.
- Lovelady (7.0), Northway (6.9), and Jones (6.1) all averaged over 6.0 points per game.
- Jones was the only player on the team to total 20 or more blocks and steals last season. Cagle was the only other player to total over 10 in both categories.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.