|November 10, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
Col. of Charleston
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||COFC|
|FG Percentage||.381 (24-63)||.492 (31-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (8-36)||.304 (7-23)|
|FT Percentage||.650 (13-20)||.727 (16-22)|
CAGLE - 6
Brown - 5
CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Lipscomb (0-1) women’s basketball team started off their season on Friday morning with an 85-69 loss at College of Charleston (1-0).
The Lady Bisons kept it close through three quarters and headed into the fourth down only 59-53 before the Cougars outscored Lipscomb by 10 points in the final frame.
Point guard Loren Cagle started her senior campaign with a productive outing, posting 16 points, six rebounds, six assists, and one block, all of which were team highs.
Sophomore Kaylee Cotton notched 10 points and four rebounds to join Cagle in double-figures.
Senior Loshaveon Jones notched nine points on 4-6 shooting and tied Cagle for a team-high six rebounds.
Redshirt-freshman Emily Kmec notched nine points, all on three-pointers, and five rebounds in her debut in the Purple and Gold.
Senior Riley Northway added eight points, five rebounds, and two steals, while sophomore Lexi Manos posted five points, three rebounds, and three assists.
- Three Cougars finished in double-figures: Shiclasia Brown (29), Tanisha Brown (21), and Darien Huff (12).
- Lipscomb was out-rebounded 45-36, and the Cougars notched 16 assists to the Bisons 13.
- Nine Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes in the loss Cagle (with a team-high 38 minutes played), Cotton, Lauren Rau, Kmec, Manos, Northway, Jones, Kennedey Potts, and Meredith Lovelady.
- Lipscomb’s only true freshman Taylor Clark made her Bisons debut, receiving four minutes of action.
- The two teams tied with 13 turnovers apiece.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will continue their road trip with a matchup against Charleston Southern at 1 p.m. on Sunday.