|November 15, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||BALLST|
|FG Percentage||.296 (16-54)||.444 (32-72)|
|3P FG Percentage||.308 (8-26)||.357 (10-28)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (6-8)||.625 (10-16)|
CAGLE - 2
MUNCIE, Ind. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team will continue its season opening road streak with a trip to Ball State on Wednesday.
The matchup with the Cardinals is set for 6 p.m. You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE CARDINALS:
- This is the third consecutive year the two teams have matched up. Lipscomb won last season 58-54 on the road, and they lost two seasons ago 72-60 in Nashville.
- Ball State opened up the season with a 76-64 win on the road over Cleveland State. They followed that up with a 70-58 win over Missouri State in their home opener.
- Senior Moriah Monaco was named to the All-MAC Preseason team.
- The Cardinals were selected to finish third in their division in the preseason poll.
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Year of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance. She notched 20 points, seven rebounds, five assists, and two steals and scored the game-winner in a 58-54 victory over Charleston Southern. She also added 16 points, six rebounds, six assists, one steal, and one block in a loss to College of Charleston.
- The Bisons feature nine players averaging 10 or more minutes per game: Cagle, Meredith Lovelady, Kennedy Potts, Loshaveon Jones, Riley Northway, Kaylee Cotton, Lexi Manos, Emily Kmec, and Lauren Rau.
- The roster features a conference-high seven seniors: Cagle, Lovelady, Potts, Jones, Northway, Auriana Broughton, and Laure Assena.
- Redshirt-freshman Emily Kmec notched 14 points in her second-career game, hitting 4-10 from three-point range in the win over Charleston Southern.
- Senior Riley Northway is averaging 9.0 points and 6.0 rebounds per contest, while senior Loshaveon Jones averages 5.5 points and 4.5 rebounds.
- Cagle was unanimously voted ono the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team. She is the only returning player in the conference to finish last season in the top-22 for points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.