|November 21, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MUR||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.354 (23-65)||.365 (23-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.273 (9-33)||.276 (8-29)|
|FT Percentage||.563 (9-16)||.524 (11-21)|
Crane - 2
NASHVILLE – After a five-game road stretch to start the season, the Lipscomb (1-4) women’s basketball team will be headed back to Nashville for its home opener on Tuesday night against Murray State.
The matchup with the Racers is set for 6:30 p.m. in Allen Arena. You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE RACERS:
- Murray State holds a 5-3 lead over Lipscomb in the series history. They won last season’s matchup 79-59 in Kentucky.
- During their last outing, the Racers defeated Northern Kentucky 98-87. The Racers are 1-2 on the year.
- Senior Ke’Shunan James leads the team with 29.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game.
- Two other Racers are averaging in double-figures so far this season: Bria Bethea (20.7) and Abria Gulledge (14.0).
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Year of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance. She notched 20 points, seven rebounds, five assists, and two steals and scored the game-winner in a 58-54 victory over Charleston Southern. She also added 16 points, six rebounds, six assists, one steal, and one block in a loss to College of Charleston. She is averaging 14.7-6.7-4.0-1.7 so far this season.
- The Bisons feature 10 players averaging nine or more minutes per game: Cagle, Meredith Lovelady, Kennedy Potts, Loshaveon Jones, Riley Northway, Kaylee Cotton, Lexi Manos, Emily Kmec, Auriana Broughton, and Lauren Rau.
- The roster features a conference-high seven seniors: Cagle, Lovelady, Potts, Jones, Northway, Broughton, and Laure Assena.
- Redshirt-freshman Emily Kmec notched 14 points in her second-career game, hitting 4-10 from three-point range in the win over Charleston Southern.
- Cagle was unanimously voted ono the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team. She is the only returning player in the conference to finish last season in the top-22 for points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.