|November 26, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||APSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.433 (26-60)||.442 (23-52)|
|3P FG Percentage||.280 (7-25)||.474 (9-19)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (12-16)||.471 (8-17)|
BROUGHTON - 1
NORTHWAY - 1
KMEC - 1
BROUGHTON - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (2-4) women’s basketball team is back from Thanksgiving break and set for a Sunday afternoon matchup against Austin Peay.
The matchup with the Governors is set for 3 p.m. in Allen Arena. You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE GOVENORS:
- This is the first matchup between the two teams since 2012, when Austin Peay won 69-42 in Clarksville.
- During their last outing, the Govs defeated Alabama A&M 55-50. They are 3-1 on the year.
- Senior Brianne Alexander leads the team with 10.5 points per game.
- Freshman Keisha Gregory adds 9.8 points and a team-high 6.3 rebounds.
- The Lady Bisons head into the matchup having defeated Murray State 65-64 in their home opener. Riey Northway led the way with 18 points and a career-high 13 rebounds and four assists.
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Year of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance. She notched 20 points, seven rebounds, five assists, and two steals and scored the game-winner in a 58-54 victory over Charleston Southern. She also added 16 points, six rebounds, six assists, one steal, and one block in a loss to College of Charleston. She is averaging 15.3-5.3-4.5-1.5 so far this season.
- The Bisons feature 10 players averaging nine or more minutes per game: Cagle, Meredith Lovelady, Kennedy Potts, Loshaveon Jones, Riley Northway, Kaylee Cotton, Lexi Manos, Emily Kmec, Auriana Broughton, and Lauren Rau.
- Redshirt-freshman Emily Kmec notched 14 points in her second-career game, hitting 4-10 from three-point range in the win over Charleston Southern.
- Cagle was unanimously voted ono the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team. She is the only returning player in the conference to finish last season in the top-22 for points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.